Redoing AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrogE7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of redoing the AAMC exams the last week. Endurance and finishing the exams is a problem for me. Also I was thinking that it would get me in the AAMC mindset while reviewing a LOT of concepts all at once. I have no problem doing it every day until say Thursday. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

FrogE7 said:
What do you guys think of redoing the AAMC exams the last week. Endurance and finishing the exams is a problem for me. Also I was thinking that it would get me in the AAMC mindset while reviewing a LOT of concepts all at once. I have no problem doing it every day until say Thursday. What do you think?
I wouldnt recommend taking full lengths the last week. You may burn out. If you want to build stamina, take a section test, like physical 100min exam. Take it easy the last week. This is the 2nd time im taking the MCAT and hitting it hard the last week before the exam hurt me more than it helped. But thats just me.

i plan on taking if not one but two full lengths next week...this week im preapring and reviewing..finishing up workbooks, practice exercises, etc...

i think its good to get your head into the test taking mode, do a test monday, review it on tuesday, do a test wednesday, review it on thursday and then thats it, relax on friday...

I don't know if retaking a test is going to really help you with timing/endurance. Since you've already seen the material recently, it may give you a false sense of "I finished it on time" when really it may have been that you remember seeing the material/reviewing the answer to a question. If it's been several months, that woud be better. But I'd hate for you to think you had timing under control when really it was just that you remembered having seen the passages before. If you're more for the concepts, though, then it would help to review whatever you really didn't understand from those exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
NilamPatel said:
do a test monday, review it on tuesday, do a test wednesday, review it on thursday and then thats it, relax on friday...

Hehe, my schedule is the exact same :).

It's all about being in the AAMC Zone for me...really understanding the style of testing that no other prep company can reproduce.

Also, I figure actively redoing exam questions instead of mindlessly reviewing is more productive for me. A formula is just a formula, until you use it--then it becomes a concept.

And you figure redoing 6 exams will cover most topics covered on the MCAT.

About burning out, the point is NOT to burn out. Medstudents who are studying for boards only have a month. The last week they are pounding Q-bank questions for 12 hours a day. I figure the MCAT is just the begining of the marathon. It's all about how long your mind can go with out having a meltdown right?