Reducing EFC

Started by Madhatter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Madhatter

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to reduce my EFC for next year, will contributing to a Roth IRA help me do this???
 
I think so. Your retirement money doesn't count towards your assets. You can check the EFC formula to make sure.


Madhatter said:
I need to reduce my EFC for next year, will contributing to a Roth IRA help me do this???
 
Madhatter said:
I need to reduce my EFC for next year, will contributing to a Roth IRA help me do this???

what about gift money of <=$11,000? If your looking to remain more liquid, I've heard of people giving a "gift" to someone in hopes of a return "gift" at some point down the road? Any others heard of this?