Referencing a long-distance relationship in secondary applications

daffodil017

May 22, 2020
  1. Medical Student
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years. We've done long-distance through the majority of undergraduate. He has a job offer and will be moving to NYC when I start medical school. When I apply to medical schools in the area, is it beneficial or risky to include this information in my secondary applications assuming my other reasons for attending the school are well-justified?

About the Ads

Rachapkis

2+ Year Member
    Apr 5, 2018
    1. Non-Student
      It won’t hurt you to mention it, but it won’t help you either. All medical schools, but particularly those in NYC, are inundated with applications. In fact, 60% of all applicants do not receive a single acceptance. Good luck!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.