Refill wife’s rx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted547339

Hi all. I’m a regular in the EM and CCM forums - sorry to barge into y’all’s forum.

My wife has worn contact lenses for the last decade. We had a baby earlier in the year, then covid.....anyways, she hadn’t been able to see her eye doc. Her contact rx hasn’t changed in years and our eye insurance benefits will run out at the end of the year. Can I legally refill her rx as to not waste the benefit, then have her see her doc after the holidays? I’m an attending with an unrestricted license. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all. I’m a regular in the EM and CCM forums - sorry to barge into y’all’s forum.

My wife has worn contact lenses for the last decade. We had a baby earlier in the year, then covid.....anyways, she hadn’t been able to see her eye doc. Her contact rx hasn’t changed in years and our eye insurance benefits will run out at the end of the year. Can I legally refill her rx as to not waste the benefit, then have her see her doc after the holidays? I’m an attending with an unrestricted license. Thanks.
Opticals usually will fulfill SCL Rx up to a one year!
There could be transitional refractive change in the eye due to pregnancy, postpartum or dry eyes..
You don’t need eye insurance to see the Doc, only to cover the purchase of optical goods.. typically a waste!
Present the Rx as it is or rewrite new one with your own signature if you are licensed physician.
Make sure your wife comply with SCL hygiene and healthy wear regimen.. never ever sleep with contacts!

Reactions: 2 users

Yes, you can do this.

Reactions: 1 user