TimesNewRoman

EM/CCM
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi all. I’m a regular in the EM and CCM forums - sorry to barge into y’all’s forum.

My wife has worn contact lenses for the last decade. We had a baby earlier in the year, then covid.....anyways, she hadn’t been able to see her eye doc. Her contact rx hasn’t changed in years and our eye insurance benefits will run out at the end of the year. Can I legally refill her rx as to not waste the benefit, then have her see her doc after the holidays? I’m an attending with an unrestricted license. Thanks.

Maimonides1

Healer Mentalist Humanist
2+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2017
Mediterranean
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi all. I’m a regular in the EM and CCM forums - sorry to barge into y’all’s forum.

My wife has worn contact lenses for the last decade. We had a baby earlier in the year, then covid.....anyways, she hadn’t been able to see her eye doc. Her contact rx hasn’t changed in years and our eye insurance benefits will run out at the end of the year. Can I legally refill her rx as to not waste the benefit, then have her see her doc after the holidays? I’m an attending with an unrestricted license. Thanks.
Opticals usually will fulfill SCL Rx up to a one year!
There could be transitional refractive change in the eye due to pregnancy, postpartum or dry eyes..
You don’t need eye insurance to see the Doc, only to cover the purchase of optical goods.. typically a waste!
Present the Rx as it is or rewrite new one with your own signature if you are licensed physician.
Make sure your wife comply with SCL hygiene and healthy wear regimen.. never ever sleep with contacts!

Reactions: 2 users

Bronze Medal

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]

Yes, you can do this.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads