reflections on the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the day has finally come. I take my first MCAT in T minus 70 minutes!!! :eek::eek: I have done my fair share of b*tching and moaning throughout my preparation for this exam and i thank those of you that have been kind enough to listen and give me advice (TT and prions come to mind first :thumbup:).

I'm not shy to tell/show anyone how much i despise the entire essence of the MCAT. everything about it i would change. and i realize that many people would disagree with that, but thats not the point of the thread. I realize that its just another hoop we pre meds have to jump through which is exactly why i am sucking it up and taking the test. However that doesnt change the fact that i have been pretty miserable studying for this test, i think thats evident if you talk to me about it b/c my mood immidiately changes...

So i started thinking of the ways that this test has positively afffected me, cuz i'm not one to stay in a bad mood for long.... what good has this test done for me? it has to have done something, right??

Then it hit me.... if i take away one thing from this exam, its that you HAVE to do something you love with your life. there simply is no other way to live happily. Whatever your career choice, whether it be dentistry, or construction, or osteopathy, or elementary school teacher.... you absolutely have to enjoy it...or else there is no way you will be able to make it. I've barely been able to last 6 months doing something that i detest...i can't imagine having a life long career like that.

And at the same time, studying for this test has made me realize how excited I am about becoming a physician. I absolutely can not wait to be amongst you all... "suffering" through the long nights and grueling hours. I think its going to be an absolutely fabulous time, despite how much it is going to suck along the way ;). I'm not trying to say its going to be easy, or that I am going to enjoy every aspect of my job, but i honestly couldn't imagine doing anything else, and i am excited to be with other colleagues that (hopefully) feel the same way.

If you've had the attention span and the free time to read my entire rant....i respect that. haha.

okay....i'm off to go nail my MCAT so i can never think about it again!!!:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Well good luck! We're all rooting for you!!

May the MCAT force be with you...

Members don't see this ad :)
The answer is a fullerene or a Bucky Ball! :thumbup:
G'Luck. :hardy:

I take my first MCAT in T minus 70 minutes!!!

First and only because I'm sure that you nailed it! Hope that you get a good relaxing month before your scores come back!

*cheers* for doing what we all love!!! glgl iam 6/13 =] mcat

In what activity does a sticky end go into a TATA box?

If you said splicing, you are correct. If you said something else, you will fit in well here on pre-osteo.

In what activity does a sticky end go into a TATA box?

If you said splicing, you are correct. If you said something else, you will fit in well here on pre-osteo.

heh...you said TATA box :D

You know what you are, Ryserr21? You're a big bear with claws and fangs. The MCAT is just this little bunny, just cowering in the corner, and you've got these claws and fangs and you're thinking to yourself "how can I kill this bunny? How am I supposed to kill this bunny?"

I hope you totally rocked that stupid exam! And by the time you read this, you can sit back and breathe again - IT'S OVER!!!!! :clap:

You know what you are, Ryserr21? You're a big bear with claws and fangs. The MCAT is just this little bunny, just cowering in the corner, and you've got these claws and fangs and you're thinking to yourself "how can I kill this bunny? How am I supposed to kill this bunny?"

Haha. Swingers is a good flick... :thumbup:

Freeeeeeedooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, the day has finally come. I take my first MCAT in T minus 70 minutes!!! :eek::eek: I have done my fair share of b*tching and moaning throughout my preparation for this exam and i thank those of you that have been kind enough to listen and give me advice (TT and prions come to mind first :thumbup:).

I'm not shy to tell/show anyone how much i despise the entire essence of the MCAT. everything about it i would change. and i realize that many people would disagree with that, but thats not the point of the thread. I realize that its just another hoop we pre meds have to jump through which is exactly why i am sucking it up and taking the test. However that doesnt change the fact that i have been pretty miserable studying for this test, i think thats evident if you talk to me about it b/c my mood immidiately changes...

So i started thinking of the ways that this test has positively afffected me, cuz i'm not one to stay in a bad mood for long.... what good has this test done for me? it has to have done something, right??

Then it hit me.... if i take away one thing from this exam, its that you HAVE to do something you love with your life. there simply is no other way to live happily. Whatever your career choice, whether it be dentistry, or construction, or osteopathy, or elementary school teacher.... you absolutely have to enjoy it...or else there is no way you will be able to make it. I've barely been able to last 6 months doing something that i detest...i can't imagine having a life long career like that.

And at the same time, studying for this test has made me realize how excited I am about becoming a physician. I absolutely can not wait to be amongst you all... "suffering" through the long nights and grueling hours. I think its going to be an absolutely fabulous time, despite how much it is going to suck along the way ;). I'm not trying to say its going to be easy, or that I am going to enjoy every aspect of my job, but i honestly couldn't imagine doing anything else, and i am excited to be with other colleagues that (hopefully) feel the same way.

If you've had the attention span and the free time to read my entire rant....i respect that. haha.

okay....i'm off to go nail my MCAT so i can never think about it again!!!:hardy:

lol you think too much. Just do what you must and move on, it is the same with all things and you will live a much happier life , lol.

deifnitely did not get that reference. just thought it was another crazy post by TT....haha.
Everything I say makes sense. Just not everybody will get it.

How did you feel you did? Not trying to jinx it.

mehhhh....i dunno. i think i did good enough, which is awesome. i think i did really well in bio, PS is always tough for me so i am hoping for an 8, and VR i think went well but i can never tell. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that that was teh first and only time i ever have to take it!!!!

i made the highest score in my weakest section, 11 in V. how does that happen? I was over confident that I will score 12/13 in Bio and phy. I think that took away concentration. ended up getting a 30

So, my advice: prepare well and RELAX. Another thing was that I couldnt fall asleep the night before. I was twisting and turning in the bed until 3am.

I took all my PR MCAT books and put them in my BBQ and lit them on fire. I then put charcoal on top and grilled burgers and steaks. They were cooked perfectly over the paper flesh of that worthless test named the MCAT. I suggest that other people try this once they are done with the MCAT. It's quite cathartic.

I took all my PR MCAT books and put them in my BBQ and lit them on fire. I then put charcoal on top and grilled burgers and steaks. They were cooked perfectly over the paper flesh of that worthless test named the MCAT. I suggest that other people try this once they are done with the MCAT. It's quite cathartic.

Or you can sell the materials online and make a few bucks. :D

Or you can sell the materials online and make a few bucks. :D

i'm sure the pleasure you get when watching the devil burn to ashes is much more gratifying :p

I took it right before the paper MCAT was abolished and most of my books were old and I wrote a lot of notes in them. I also took on of the MCAT practice tests and put it in the bathroom as toilet paper.

OOoooooohhhh....

These are all grand ideas. Simply marvelous. I'm looking at my ever-accumulating MCAT practice books and thinking that tearing each sheet out and eating it would be gratifying. Better yet, making the administrators eat each one.

"I said EAT IT! Yes, all 936 pages! Do I look like I'm joking??!!"