Reflexology!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SAFOOT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So guys i've been reading about reflexology and is quite interesting. Is it covered at all in pod school. If no how does the schools feel about this form of therapy. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So guys i've been reading about reflexology and is quite interesting. Is it covered at all in pod school. If no how does the schools feel about this form of therapy. Thanks.

I'm sorry to say that EBM does not support reflexology. At DMU, we are big into EBM, so no we never discuss it.

I do believe that similar to OMM, spinal manipulation, ect. that it feels good. But I don't think that it will cure anything. It is "quackery medicine." I feel the same way about any physical manipulation that does not retrain the body to correct a pathology (i.e. PT). It all stems from it being a pseudoscience.

At TUSPM we had one lecture on alternative medicines, including reflexology. It was more for us to be aware of what was out there and be able to understnad and relate to our patients who use that form of medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to say that EBM does not support reflexology. At DMU, we are big into EBM, so no we never discuss it.

I do believe that similar to OMM, spinal manipulation, ect. that it feels good. But I don't think that it will cure anything. It is "quackery medicine." I feel the same way about any physical manipulation that does not retrain the body to correct a pathology (i.e. PT). It all stems from it being a pseudoscience.

:thumbup:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

that's funny...
on one of our first days at Scholl, our physiology professor put up the reflexology slide on the projector, and said we study it.

it was a joke.

it's voodoo, just like most other medical specialties.

that's funny...
on one of our first days at Scholl, our physiology professor put up the reflexology slide on the projector, and said we study it.

it was a joke.

it's voodoo, just like most other medical specialties.

I laugh b/c we have 2- 1 hour lectures and a lab on LE OMM. It is the biggest joke ever, but I'm glad I can cure a posterior fibular head syndrome. The old dean even told us that we could now bill for OMM services b/c we have been trained in OMM.

I was just glad that I can cure cancer and diarrhea by using my new found healing touch. No more pain killers for my patients I'll just adjust them.

It was more for us to be aware of what was out there and be able to understnad and relate to our patients who use that form of medicine.

Agreed. There's a big push in the medical fields now for cultural competency and sensitivity and it's to everyone's benefit to be aware of and understand the different forms of alternative medicine. That doesn't mean the physician has to believe it works.