Not open for further replies.

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I got 2 rejection emails yesterday MGH and PENN. I looked up the email addresses of the PD and Chair of the Anesthesia Dept. I sent them all an email telling them I thought they made a mistake. I was really just venting, but PENN replied with an interview offer. :wow: :wow:

Now everyone is getting the exact same email :laugh:

rufio173

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
Status
Share your secrets brave warrior! Haha

That's awesome.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2003
Here
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Thats a really great story. Of course, if they never reject me, I cant give them that email.

Maybe I should call, you know, prophylactically.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
level at FL210
Status
Monitor said:
I got 2 rejection emails yesterday MGH and PENN. I looked up the email addresses of the PD and Chair of the Anesthesia Dept. I sent them all an email telling them I thought they made a mistake. I was really just venting, but PENN replied with an interview offer. :wow: :wow:

Go, Dude, go.

Perserverance leads to many things.

Know how many movie/sports starts were rejected their first/second/twentieth go around?

Tom Brady, New England Patriots quarterback. Promising high school dude, but lack of college scouts led his dad to make up his own tape of his son to send to colleges.

Played in college (Michigan?) but nothing special.

SIXTH round NFL pick.

Back up quarterback without alotta playing time, starter quarterback gets hurt, Brady goes in, never looks back.

Now he has three Superbowl rings.

Monitor, keep it up. :thumbup:

davvid2700

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
Status
vinnie testaverde was the back up quarterback until kosar went to the nfl early and he got the starting job.. ultimately he won the heisman trophy...

Rickey henderson is still playing minor league baseball.. I mean he has the major league record for stolen bases 1297.. single season stolen bases.. 130 (amazing).. The guy just wont stop.. He still has something to prove..

The rocket led the majors with an era of 1.87.. amazing.. in his 40s He still has something to prove.
after so many cy young awards..

many other examples.. chime in if you got one

xampower

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2004
Status
I definately recommend calling programs that you are interested in and ask about the status of your application. Last year I called 5 programs that I really wanted to interview with and simply inquired about the status of my application and informed them I was very interested in their program and within 2 hours to 3 days received 3 interviews and 2 rejections from those specific programs. Hopefully you get good news when you call but also be prepared for the bad. But at least you might get an answer and be able to move on. The programs that granted me interviews actually thanked me for calling b/c they said they would rather give interviews to students who are truly interested in their program. They know that most applicants apply to way too many programs and may not be interested in the program.

lvspro

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monitor said:

Would you care to post your letter? I'm considering the same.

MedicinePowder

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Monitor said:

when i was applying to medical school, I emailed a letter to a top medical school after getting the cold shoulder after many other schools had granted me interviews. i bascially said, look, betty the girl with the big boobs wants to go to the prom with me, jenny, the girl with an ass the size of texas and a waist the size of a straw also wants to go to the prom with me, and lastly kim, the girl well reputed to have an open-mind, also invited me--now what you say: gonna invite me to the prom? a day later this particular med school offered me an interview. i was promptly rejected after i tried to slide my hand down their panties, but nonetheless at least i got the i interview.

Danger Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monitor said:

Monitor, no offense, but I fail to see the point. You may feel that you got over; however, you might want to check the scoreboard on Match Day.

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
MedicinePowder said:
when i was applying to medical school, I emailed a letter to a top medical school after getting the cold shoulder after many other schools had granted me interviews. i bascially said, look, betty the girl with the big boobs wants to go to the prom with me, jenny, the girl with an ass the size of texas and a waist the size of a straw also wants to go to the prom with me, and lastly kim, the girl well reputed to have an open-mind, also invited me--now what you say: gonna invite me to the prom? a day later this particular med school offered me an interview. i was promptly rejected after i tried to slide my hand down their panties, but nonetheless at least i got the i interview.

UAB and Emory came through like a champ, spread their legs wide open today after I told them I nailed the girl who never gives it up on the first date. I'm knee deep in some sweet ***** today, we'll see who I walk down the isle with on wedding day, but it won't be the one tooth ***** who everyone visits on Friday night :laugh:

MedicinePowder is right in line with what I'm writing these places that rejected me. I told them 3 simple things:

I taught Moses how to part water
I taught Jesus how to walk on water
I taught God how to ****ing make water... now give me the interview before I ****ing KILL you mother****er :thumbup: :D :D

:cool: :cool: Just cause you piss on my wheaties don't mean I'm eating them... :cool: :cool:

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Danger Man said:
Monitor, no offense, but I fail to see the point. You may feel that you got over; however, you might want to check the scoreboard on Match Day.

Dude I don't give a rat's ass what you see or don't see... Go **** yourself you pencil neck ******. The point is you're a mother****ing jackass and if I see you on the trail I'm buying all the beers... Until I get you hammered, then I'm whippin' your ass till your ***** mom won't recognize you anymore.

Do you see the point now?? Match day comes and I'm matching somewhere I want to go, then I'm going over to your house and I'm going to grudge-**** your favorite house pet before I throw your mommy a bone. And at the end of the day your still going to be a cock-sucking jackass that everyone laughs at for being a social ****** you ****ing prick.

Send me a private message with your interview schedule and an address where I can find you ***** mom. I hope it’s not a cemetery; I heard she’s not worth the effort to dig up just to get a little skull.

cloud9

King of my realm
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Northeastern South Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monitor said:
Dude I....... skull.
This really should have been sent in a PM to begin with (even though this post and the post it replied to were both juvenile). This is an anonymous forum but most of what was said really has no place here. The OP of the thread was intended to be humorous and ironic.

Please refrain from outright threats of violence or skull-f'ing or whatever. Everyone is stressed right now but really. I've seen folks banned for less than this.

You two play nice.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2003
Here
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Monitor said:
Dude I don't give a rat's ass what you see or don't see... Go **** yourself you pencil neck ******. The point is you're a mother****ing jackass and if I see you on the trail I'm buying all the beers... Until I get you hammered, then I'm whippin' your ass till your ***** mom won't recognize you anymore.

Do you see the point now?? Match day comes and I'm matching somewhere I want to go, then I'm going over to your house and I'm going to grudge-**** your favorite house pet before I throw your mommy a bone. And at the end of the day your still going to be a cock-sucking jackass that everyone laughs at for being a social ****** you ****ing prick.

Send me a private message with your interview schedule and an address where I can find you ***** mom. I hope it’s not a cemetery; I heard she’s not worth the effort to dig up just to get a little skull.

Thanks for the ammo, monitor. I really hope we match somewhere together...oh wait, that would mean you would actually match somewhere. Never mind.

lilycat

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2000
???
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
cloud9 said:
This really should have been sent in a PM to begin with (even though this post and the post it replied to were both juvenile). This is an anonymous forum but most of what was said really has no place here. The OP of the thread was intended to be humorous and ironic.

Please refrain from outright threats of violence or skull-f'ing or whatever. Everyone is stressed right now but really. I've seen folks banned for less than this.

You two play nice.
:thumbup:

Letting off steam is one thing. I would expect the above-referenced exchange of posts in the Lounge or maybe on Pre-Allo. Not in here.

blocks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bay Area
Status
I am embarrassed for you, and to be a future colleague of yours in the field of anesthesiology. There is no excuse to post stuff like that and your previous post on this forum, none.

Monitor said:

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
You come to South Boston and tell me what you think about my foot up your ass you hump. :idea: :eek:

telly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Monitor said:
UAB and Emory came through like a champ ...

Congrats on the interviews. I called Emory last week and they said their interview spots were all filled. Maybe someone cancelled or they have added more spots. What date did they give you? When you contact these programs are you talking to the admin who sets up the interviews or to the PD? Via e-mail or phone? Thanks for your help.

bignursemd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2002
DC
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Monitor said:
You come to South Boston and tell me what you think about my foot up your ass you hump. :idea: :eek:
Haven't posted in awhile, but when I read this last thread last night on call I nearlly pissed in my scrubs .....Monitor you go boy!!!!! :laugh:

KingDong

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2005
Hell
img16.exs.cx
Status
Medical Student
Man, don't you have any dignity?

They rejected you and you went crawling back?

I've got plenty of rejections so far and not once thought of whining back to the program.

It's like Penn slapped it's chubb in your face and you're still wearing a stupid smile - come on.

Danger Man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monitor said:

Monitor, your infantile response proves my point. The fact is that you do not even consider MGH and PENN serious options in your mind. You are crying over the girl who denied your request for a date, but you weren't even interested in dating her! Secondly, perhaps these top-notch programs are interested in interviewing only mature, professional applicants. The above response reveals that perhaps the aformentioned adjectives cannnot be uttered to accurately describe you. Best wishes for your future career!

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Danger Man said:
Monitor, your infantile response proves my point. The fact is that you do not even consider MGH and PENN serious options in your mind. You are crying over the girl who denied your request for a date, but you weren't even interested in dating her! Secondly, perhaps these top-notch programs are interested in interviewing only mature, professional applicants. The above response reveals that perhaps the aformentioned adjectives cannnot be uttered to accurately describe you. Best wishes for your future career!

Your mom!

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
jetproppilot said:
I thought you guys up there said Bahston .

Well, we say it like that, but no one here can really spell ;) I tried to draw a picture but it didn't copy.

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Sugar72 said:
I emailed this thread to the pd at penn - good luck monitor
LOL, I stapled it to your mom's arse last night from behind. :confused:

Not kidding :D

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2003
Here
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
There are plenty of internet forums for you to spew this trash, man. Leave it out of here.

Sugar72

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2001
Tucson
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monitor said:
LOL, I stapled it to your mom's arse last night from behind. :confused:

Not kidding :D
with all of this crass, misogynistic, heterosexual imagery - I have a pretty good idea how much play you get with the ladies. While my mom has been dead about 10 years she is probably the best looking "piece" you can get.

Seriously though, I think it is great that you are aggressively approaching the programs you are interested in - I just hate to see this kind of imagery that is quite frankly offensive and belittling to women. I am going to explore this whole ignore button for you now monitor.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
Please remember that to join SDN, you had to agree to our Terms of Service which includes this:

Inappropriate Language

The use of inappropriate or offensive language is not permitted in these forums. Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive or abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or that contains racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. We ask that you please be considerate to other members in the forums when posting your messages.

Harassment and Flaming

The Student Doctor Network members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members.

candycane

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was thinking the same thing Sugar... hope you really did act on it. :thumbup:

candycane

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
interrestingly enough, you should realize that these forums are also looked at by programs. Given your "unique" circumstances, you would not be hard to pick out. Oh and lets not forget that programs actually do talk to one another. :D

OP
Monitor

Monitor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
candycane said:
interrestingly enough, you should realize that these forums are also looked at by programs. Given your "unique" circumstances, you would not be hard to pick out. Oh and lets not forget that programs actually do talk to one another. :D

I'm sure you are in the know :rolleyes: as to programs reviewing this forum or which ones "talk" to each other. You're right of course and probably have never been wrong. Now shut up and keep your BS to yourself loser. :love:

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
Closing since the conversation hasn't improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.