Refusing interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traveler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about refusing an interview from a top 10. My initial thought was that I would not get as many interviews as I did. There are other places I would rather go now that I have this many. Is there a chance that someone is not going to have any chance at getting a fellowship if they refuse a residency interview?

Here is a polite refusal posted on another section of SDN:

Dear Program X

I currently am scheduled to interview at your program on [Insert Date]. Thank you so much for the opportunity, however I will not be able to attend on that date.

Again, thank you so much for the invitation.

Warmest Regards

Blue 2000

Members don't see this ad.

traveler said:
Is there a chance that someone is not going to have any chance at getting a fellowship if they refuse a residency interview?

Jeez what are you smoking? Firstly, do you think that a program is going to remember that you refused to interview with them for residency???

Secondly, when you go to interview for fellowships you don't meet the residency PD as far as I know but you meet and are recruited by the department you are applying to, say Movement Disorder, etc....

I say don't worry about fellowships and concentrate on residency interviews! And don't worry about cancelling an interview at a 'top 10'.

Wasn't smoking anything, but maybe I need to so I can relax a little. Thanks. :laugh:

traveler said:
Wasn't smoking anything, but maybe I need to so I can relax a little. Thanks. :laugh:

:D

Just remember to take it easy and just try to have fun on your interviews!! Before long, we'll all be matched! :eek:

2 months and counting!! :clap: