reg. HARP CERTIFICATION IN CANADA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naughtyandnice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI FRIENDS,
I wonder if somebody can guide me regarding HARP certification so that we can then be able to take x-rays in dental office and work as dental assistant.i am not able to find any contacts about that.if somebody knows and replies ,i would appretiate.
thanks ,

Members don't see this ad.

Just call or write to the harp commision. If you are an FTD you have to submit your transcripts and degree. they will review and let you know about the next steps and issue you a letter/certification.

HI FRIENDS,
I wonder if somebody can guide me regarding HARP certification so that we can then be able to take x-rays in dental office and work as dental assistant.i am not able to find any contacts about that.if somebody knows and replies ,i would appretiate.
thanks ,

hi friend,
thank you so much for taking time to reply. but the thing is i am not able to get their number even by searching through google too. could u plz put some more light on this , coz i need to work now and i cant bacause of lack of certification. plz help me getting this number or any contact.
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I got the following info from one of our SDN friends long time ago....

Just see if the following info is of any help to you....

With regards to working as a dental assistant, one has to be HARP (Healing Arts Radiation Protection Commission) certified, meaning that you have to be licensed to practice radiography as a dental assistant. Now apparently you can get that certificate by simply submitting your radiography curriculum from your dental school in addition to your dental school transcript and degree certificate to the address below. If you call HARP at ***********, an automated message will tell you exactly what you need to submit to them. HARP's address is:
5700 Yonge Street, 3rd Floor
North York, Ontario
M2M 4K5
Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

With regards to working as a dental assistant, one has to be HARP (Healing Arts Radiation Protection Commission) certified, meaning that you have to be licensed to practice radiography as a dental assistant. Now apparently you can get that certificate by simply submitting your radiography curriculum from your dental school in addition to your dental school transcript and degree certificate to the address below. If you call HARP at *************, an automated message will tell you exactly what you need to submit to them. HARP's address is:
North York, Ontario
M2M 4K5
Canada

hi friend,
i have no words to convey my thanks. i badly need their number. u solved my problem. i am so happy now.u are a great person.may god bless u.
thanks million
naughtyandnice

You can also apply through the NDAEB and take their challenging exams.
They are pretty easy to do.
I have lived in Canada for four years and have now found this option.
Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks noorie,
i will look for this option too.

hello,
I live in USA.Can I send my documens to HARP through USPS to canada.Can anyone provide me any other contact details to reach them.

HI FRIENDS,
thanks ,

did u mail or fax your documents & are you from rajiv gandhi university?
How much will they charge to get HARP certification?PLEASE DO REPLY.:luck:

Hi,

With regards to working as a dental assistant, one has to be HARP (Healing Arts Radiation Protection Commission) certified, meaning that you have to be licensed to practice radiography as a dental assistant. Now apparently you can get that certificate by simply submitting your radiography curriculum from your dental school in addition to your dental school transcript and degree certificate to the address below. If you call HARP at *************, an automated message will tell you exactly what you need to submit to them. HARP's address is:
North York, Ontario
M2M 4K5
Canada

thanks a lot for the information

plz give in detail, idea of radiography curriculum . is this
a certificate issused by the dental school. i send my all
transcripts to the harp . give me the exact wording
for the radiography certificate

hi
can anybody plzz tell me abt the radiology certificate which we have to submit to HARP..i have submit the other document...can someone tell me the exact wording they guys want on it...n what abt written exam..is there any written exam also which HARP commission take before giving the certificate.

Hi every1 , i received this letter & wanted to share with any 1 who's not received it , pls ignore if u're not interested.

Hello all,

Happy new year. I wish you all the best.

I would like to remind you to attend the meeting that will be held at the North York Library, room 1, on Saturday January 12, at 5:30 P.M. With respect to our last meeting, Dr. Gerald Voliere and I have prepared a letter and we want to present it in the meeting. Please be there to help us to polish it, finalize it to be able to send it to Dr. Ray Wenn, President,Canadian Dental Regulatory Authorities Federation.

Please attend this very important meeting. We need to continue our efforts to increase the number of foreign trained Canadian dentists who obtain their Canadian dental licence every year.

A minimum donation of 5 dollars would be appreciated , these donations will go towards the room rental and refreshments.

The exact adress is:
North York Library, room 1
North York Station ( subway )
5100 Yong Street
Mel Lastman Square
Toronto

If you will need help for the directions to room number 1, please contact Dr. Gerald Voliere at :
647-891-8250.

I am looking forward to seeing you, and please invite other colleagues who wish to join our group.

With many thanks

Nasrin Akhtari

Hi,
I'm a dental graduate from India.I came to know through SDN that for practising as a dental assistant in canada we ought to get a HARP certification.Since i'm very new to this place I really have no idea about how to contact HARP commission and what all certificates are to be submitted to which address?It would be of great favour if I get this help done as early as possible.
Neetu

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone who could tellme what to write in the radiology curriculam.Does this need to be sent by the university directly??
The main problem is what to write in the radiology cussriculam.Please help me .Also please tell that how many days does t take to get the certification.
Thanx

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone who could tellme what to write in the radiology curriculam.Does this need to be sent by the university directly??
The main problem is what to write in the radiology cussriculam.Please help me .Also please tell that how many days does t take to get the certification.
Thanx
Hi everybody..I googled a lot about HARP, but did not get any information.. Got some info from the government site..but the phone number doesnt work, so I am guessing even the address is changed.. Anybody has any idea about how to get HARP certified?? Thansk. http://www.pas.gov.on.ca/scripts/en/BoardDetails.asp?boardID=1153

Hope this helps.[/Q
hi, i have harp certificate.do i need to write ndeb exam too?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for 3 person who can enroll x ray certification program in Canada.
Who wants to be chair side dental assistant with Xray certification please reply my post and leave for me email address that I can contact and give you course detail.Course has to have 6 student for run so we are 3 people short and waiting other three.

Exactly hw lng is d course n wt all do u need fr it n whr is dis course

Course takes 3 months online home-study(online)part and 2 days practice part at school.Sorry I can not advertise the school name on this web site,so you can leave me your email address ,I can send you course's brochure .Course format mostly online,I guess everyone could apply in Canada .Thanks

Last edited:
I believe you should have PR card for applying course because when they are sending you register form ,they are asking about citizenship card id number etc.All you need a little bit chair-side dental assistant experience or past dental experience .You should have enough English for understanding lectures too.

hi I am currently seeking for help on how to get Harp certification here in canadas. I am currently working in a dental office as a dental assitant but i cant take xray bec i don't have the harp certificate yet. Please direct me on what to do. Thank you so much!!!
Lorena

i am interested on joing the course for harp certification. Please tell me how to join the course. thank you!!!

I am intresed please send me the details through PM

Check George Brown for the Harp certificate

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Hi guys sorry for late answering questions about program.Program is in Vancouver .an other similar program is George Brown College 416-415-5000, ext. 2126, or [email protected]
Waterfront campus

For both courses Prerequisite(s):

You must currently be working in a dental office. Proof (in the form of a letter from the dentist) must be provided.
Thanks

Hey everyone,

I want to sit for the exam to be certified as a dental assistant , im a graduated dentist but my school is not accredited but I will do the evaluation in ontario and hopefully get accepted to sit for the exam, its just to find a job to support myself during my process to be certified as a dentist in canada.

I just wanted to know, what are the materials I could use to study for the exam?

thanks

anyone here guys? I wanna know the materials I need for the test...what references or books I should read from.
Hope someone could help me out.
thanks

HI Noorie,

I am a dentist from India, Moving to Canada. I found your message interesting. I am happy to know that dentists can work as Dental assistants in canada. Can you please give me more details about this. You can send me details at [email protected].

Thanks a lot for help

Course takes 3 months online home-study(online)part and 2 days practice part at school.Sorry I can not advertise the school name on this web site,so you can leave me your email address ,I can send you course's brochure .Course format mostly online,I guess everyone could apply in Canada .Thanks

HI do you still have places for the course. If not, let me know when will be next session
[email protected]

Thanks

anyone here guys? I wanna know the materials I need for the test...what references or books I should read from.
Hope someone could help me out.
thanks

Hello.
Could you please tell me the web-site, where I can get all information about HARP certification? [email protected]

hi.
could you please tell me the web-site and school where I can get all information about Harp [email protected]

Hello everyone, I am a foreign trained dentist and looking to get my certificiation as an assistant for the time being. I have chose the option of doing the two qualifying exams. I am done with the first part which is the MCQ exam, it was pretty basic and i passed. Now I am applying for the second clinical part.
I will be doing the 9 skills which are:
-Exposing radiographs
-taking impressions
-applying topical anesthesia
-applying fissure sealents
-applying fluoride varnish
-applying and removing matrix and wedges
-applying and removing rubber dam
-selective coronal polishing
-applies treatment liner

So since I dont have anywhere to practice or do anything all I can do is just watch videos cause there might be some differences in how they do things here in canada.
I would like to ask if there is anyone who is currently a dental assistant , or someone who is going through the same process, that could help me out or give me pointers on what they look for in the examination and any advice I could use before sitting for the test.

Thank you in advance

Hi
I am a foreign trained dentist willing to work as a dental assistant. Can anybody help me to get myself HARP certified.
Thanks
[email protected]

Hello IM a foreign trained dentist and wants to know how to get my HARP CERTIFICATE is urgent please if someone knows I will appreciate

Thank you
[email protected]

Hello everyone, I am a foreign trained dentist and looking to get my certificiation as an assistant for the time being. I have chose the option of doing the two qualifying exams. I am done with the first part which is the MCQ exam, it was pretty basic and i passed. Now I am applying for the second clinical part.
-Exposing radiographs
-taking impressions
-applies treatment liner

So since I dont have anywhere to practice or do anything all I can do is just watch videos cause there might be some differences in how they do things here in canada.
I would like to ask if there is anyone who is currently a dental assistant , or someone who is going through the same process, that could help me out or give me pointers on what they look for in the examination and any advice I could use before sitting for the test.

Thank you in advance
Hi there ...are you from india ?? I am also a foreign trained dentist from india ...can you please tell me how to fill the dental assisting course work report . I am planing to write NDAEB exam in december.my email id is [email protected] reply ..i shall be very thankful to you

Hi i am also planning to write written exam in dec, i have asked wes for report, do i send the other documents to ndaeb or wait till they get report from wes and do we send examination application too or first wait to get exam eligibility?

-Exposing radiographs
-taking impressions
-applies treatment liner

Thank you in advance

Hello, I too am a foreign dentist from India looking for a HARP certification. Would it be possible for you to help with the documentation regarding the exam especially the work report document.. my email address is [email protected]
It would be great if you could email me to the address and help.
Thank you.

Hi,

With regards to working as a dental assistant, one has to be HARP (Healing Arts Radiation Protection Commission) certified, meaning that you have to be licensed to practice radiography as a dental assistant. Now apparently you can get that certificate by simply submitting your radiography curriculum from your dental school in addition to your dental school transcript and degree certificate to the address below. If you call HARP at ***********, an automated message will tell you exactly what you need to submit to them. HARP's address is:
North York, Ontario
M2M 4K5
Canada
Hallo, I cannot see that number, it is starred out, as in **********. Why is it so? Could you please provide me that number too? Thanks

Hi thanks for this amazing help..I would appreciate if you could provide me more details regarding harp course..thanks a [email protected]