regarding Board exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madpisces

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
Anyone of you know anything about study materials about veterinary Natinal Board exams? I am a foreign veterinary graduate. And I would like to take NAVLE exam, which I heard that is more or less similar to National Board exam. So, can you please tell how to study and what to study. Please help me in this regard.
Thanks a bunch in advance

Members don't see this ad.

madpisces said:
Hey everybody,
Anyone of you know anything about study materials about veterinary Natinal Board exams? I am a foreign veterinary graduate. And I would like to take NAVLE exam, which I heard that is more or less similar to National Board exam. So, can you please tell how to study and what to study. Please help me in this regard.
Thanks a bunch in advance
Can't tell you how to study, since I'm not doing so well myself, but Mosby makes a set of board review books that are Q + A style. There are also some books that are put out by the national veterinary medical series that are very good in certain topics (e.g. SA medicine, surgery, la medicine, pharm, etc.) Mosby also makes a computer CD with questions on it. If you are planning on taking the NAVLE this year the deadline is coming up fast, so get ready. Oh yeah, the NAVLE IS the national board exam for vet medicine. Some states require their own boards as well. The NAVLE costs $425 and state boards cost more on top of that (e.g. NY state is $340) You have to register for the NAVLE through a state board.
Good luck

Hi madpisces. I am also preparing for the NAVLE exam, but am not a current veterinary student and have problems finding people to support my studying. Send me an e-mail (through my profile) and maybe we can help each other out.

:)