regarding vcu statistics requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wolfram

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i didn't take stats in undergrad and im thinking whether i should bother applying to VCU (as an international too) without it. i'd certainly be able to take it sometime before matrication IF they'd at least initially bother to look over my application without it.

whatchya think? are they big on stats?

same goes for Midwestern and their microbio requirement...please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

I go to VCU for undergrad and I've talked to Dr. Healy (the asst dean of admissions) a few times personally. Anyways, he always tells people in the dental club and group Q&A sessions that one of the things they look for is stats. They want you to have at least taken pre calculus or above and stats.

i have calculus covered and then some, but what i need to know is whether they will recognize that i can cover their stats requirement after they accept me (hypthetically). i don't want to take it just for VCU, so would they give a conditional acceptance in light of me finishing stats before matrication?

its one of those chicken-egg dilemmas. what would come first, them accepting me without stats or me taking stats only after they accept me

i have calculus covered and then some, but what i need to know is whether they will recognize that i can cover their stats requirement after they accept me (hypthetically). i don't want to take it just for VCU, so would they give a conditional acceptance in light of me finishing stats before matrication?

its one of those chicken-egg dilemmas. what would come first, them accepting me without stats or me taking stats only after they accept me
I'm not sure... Give 'em a call, or email?