Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

regarding vcu statistics requirement

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Wolfram, May 12, 2008.

1. Wolfram

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hi everyone, i didn't take stats in undergrad and im thinking whether i should bother applying to VCU (as an international too) without it. i'd certainly be able to take it sometime before matrication IF they'd at least initially bother to look over my application without it.

whatchya think? are they big on stats?

same goes for Midwestern and their microbio requirement...please advise.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sublimize23

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I go to VCU for undergrad and I've talked to Dr. Healy (the asst dean of admissions) a few times personally. Anyways, he always tells people in the dental club and group Q&A sessions that one of the things they look for is stats. They want you to have at least taken pre calculus or above and stats.

4. Wolfram

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i have calculus covered and then some, but what i need to know is whether they will recognize that i can cover their stats requirement after they accept me (hypthetically). i don't want to take it just for VCU, so would they give a conditional acceptance in light of me finishing stats before matrication?

its one of those chicken-egg dilemmas. what would come first, them accepting me without stats or me taking stats only after they accept me

5. Sublimize23

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm not sure... Give 'em a call, or email?