Regional differences in pharmacy practice

Started by Phantom590
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phantom590

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
Have any of you guys out there working as pharmacists (or students) experienced big differences in the role/expectations of a pharmacist in a hospital or clinical setting in different areas of the US?

I'm asking because it may impact where I end up attending school (there are so many factors to consider!). One of my interviewers at MUSC mentioned that he noticed a significant difference between New Jersey (where he did his residency) and SC/GA where he is now working as a clinical pharmacist. Since I'm considering schools in the South and in New England, I thought I should check it out before making my final decision...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks