prznpremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Is there any disadvantage to taking part in a regional interview as opposed to actually visiting the school. I realize that it's a great idea to see the facilities and talk to the students, but the plane tickets and hotel stays really add up. Would it reflect negatively on me in the interview?

geogil

Still training.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Check out an MSAR, pretty much nobody offers regional interviews, making your question moot. Regional interviews are generally conducted by alumni, so it's not to your advantage to interview that way. It'd be much more in your interests to interview with an actual member of the adcom or someone who is reporting directly to them.

myleghurts

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2005
Status (Visible)
SLU offers regional interviews. I don't think it really hurts you. I know a few people that got in this way. Just make sure you visit the actual campus, etc. if you are accepted and thinking about going there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.