Regional Prefs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Riverjames

giggity giggity, awlright
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been checking the forum for awhile now, it's been a great help. Now it's finally my turn to flog you all for some opinions...

I'm a cali guy who's finishing the meddie thing in the midwest, applying everywhere for residency, but am looking seriously at the West-sieede for one of the coveted spots on the coast. In all of your experience (heresay or otherwise), how much does my so-cal origin help (or hurt?) my chances of landing a spot for an interview? Assuming roughly comparable "application packages" to other applicants across the country who may be competitive....

Members don't see this ad.

Riverjames said:
Been checking the forum for awhile now, it's been a great help. Now it's finally my turn to flog you all for some opinions...

I'm a cali guy who's finishing the meddie thing in the midwest, applying everywhere for residency, but am looking seriously at the West-sieede for one of the coveted spots on the coast. In all of your experience (heresay or otherwise), how much does my so-cal origin help (or hurt?) my chances of landing a spot for an interview? Assuming roughly comparable "application packages" to other applicants across the country who may be competitive....

I'd say it's neutral, because most of the LA and SoCal programs are extremely competitive.

Yeah, I doubt your area of origin will even come up

BTW, just FYI: Quagmire says "Giggity, giggity, giggity....allllllriiiight," not "diggity"

absolutely right. how embarassing.