Regis DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ema5252

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about interviews who applied to Regis?

Members don't see this ad.

dancing_DPT says:

I was looking through old posts about Regis interviews and it seems that they will be sending them out sometime this week, maybe by Friday? That's what I'm hoping anyway!
dancing_DPT, Today at 9:58 AM

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing yet! I am hoping soon; I was interview waitlisted on December 16th last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you end up getting off that waitlist?!

*sigh* ...negatory... and i got so many emails between then and until they chose the class about confirming my intent/want to stay on that list. each time i saw regis in my inbox i would get excited and immediately bummed. haha.

I just got an interview invite for Friday January 23rd!

*sigh* ...negatory... and i got so many emails between then and until they chose the class about confirming my intent/want to stay on that list. each time i saw regis in my inbox i would get excited and immediately bummed. haha.

did you ever ask them where you were on the interview wait list?

Just got the invite. Friday, Jan 23 first thing in the morning

Mine is 8am Monday Jan.26

Last edited:
Interview waitlist on my end too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited first thing Friday morning!

Reactions: 1 users
did you ever ask them where you were on the interview wait list?

in general, there are very few schools that set rank lists AND disclose them. in a later email from regis, this sentence was included: "We do not have a ranked wait list, but will select candidates based on varying criteria determined by our faculty."

for those on the interview waitlist, they went through about two dozen applicants. KEEP YOUR CHINS UP =]

i got an interview this year! 1 pm on monday. does anyone feel like that the arrival time would be no more than 15-30 minutes before then? or is it an all day ordeal where the morning crew does the opposite of the afternoon crew??

Last edited:
AHHH, I have not heard from Regis yet!!! Guessing that's a bad thing..?

in general, there are very few schools that set rank lists AND disclose them. in a later email from regis, this sentence was included: "We do not have a ranked wait list, but will select candidates based on varying criteria determined by our faculty."

for those on the interview waitlist, they went through about two dozen applicants. KEEP YOUR CHINS UP =]

i got an interview this year! 1 pm on monday. does anyone feel like that the arrival time would be no more than 15-30 minutes before then? or is it an all day ordeal where the morning crew does the opposite of the afternoon crew??

Well the email said plan to be there for 5 hours... so mine is at 8am and that puts me leaving right at 1. So I assume 15-30 minutes before :)

Mine is 8am Monday Jan.26

I will be at the same interview!!

I got an interview Friday the 23rd at 1pm! So excited for this one!

Got an invite! Not sure if I'll take it but Regis is certainly an excellent program and something l will consider over break.

congrats! how long did they give you to reply? im on the wait list and scared of having to buy an expensive plane ticket if i get in :)

Monday at 8am for me!

congrats! how long did they give you to reply? im on the wait list and scared of having to buy an expensive plane ticket if i get in :)
We have until January 2nd to confirm interviews. If you travel Southwest frequently, it might pay off to just buy a flight at a cheaper price and then just keep the credits if you end up canceling. Good luck!

Friday, 23rd at 1p! Hoping I can switch to a Monday date though as it conflicts with another (possible) interview with UCSF/SFSU

I didn't get an email...so that can't be good. I'm hoping they're doing notifications alphabetically since I'm towards the back of the alphabet.

Interview waitlist. :( Hopefully my fall class will bump me up a bit.

Anyone have insight whether it'd hurt to call Regis and ask what # we are on the wait-list?

Anyone have any idea what the likelihood historically has been of being able to switch from the Friday to the Monday interview date? I've gotten three other interview invites which all happen to fall on the 23rd or 24th.

Accepted today as well! It'll be hard to make a final decision.

I just got my acceptance as well! I'm pretty sure I'll be going to CU, so my spot will be up for grabs

Hello all! I was accepted to the Regis DPT program this year, and I am going to accept the offer. Does anyone know specifics about their drug testing? I had assumed that in the official acceptance packet they would tell us the offer was contingent upon passing a drug screen. Since this didn't happen, will the drug screen happen when we arrive for class? And since medical and recreational marijuana are legal in Colorado, does Regis even test for pot?

I loved Drexel. 2.5 years and $42.5K scholarship? Yes, please! If I were still on the Least Coast, I'd be all over Center City.

I was waitlisted at Temple so I can't compare. If you're in-state and/or Drexel offered a decent scholarship, then I'd only recommend going to Regis if you have a burning desire to pay more to be in Colorado.

I'd rather be in Denver than Philly. But UNLV's students, faculty, and facilities blew me away. With the added convenience (no Friday classes!) and low sticker price, UNLV is a no-brainer for me.

P.S. when did anyone receive their hardcopy acceptance? I still have yet to receive ...

I loved Drexel. 2.5 years and $42.5K scholarship? Yes, please! If I were still on the Least Coast, I'd be all over Center City.

I was waitlisted at Temple so I can't compare. If you're in-state and/or Drexel offered a decent scholarship, then I'd only recommend going to Regis if you have a burning desire to pay more to be in Colorado.

I'd rather be in Denver than Philly. But UNLV's students, faculty, and facilities blew me away. With the added convenience (no Friday classes!) and low sticker price, UNLV is a no-brainer for me.

Thanks for the input! I LOVED Temple but it comes with a much higher sticker price even though I am in state :( I was impressed with Regis too! And my husband's job is transferable, we're trying to decide if Co is where we want to end up. As it stands I think it's looking like Drexel, it's a good school and most importantly the tuition cost can't be beat!

Sidenote - I received my hardcopy in the mail on Friday from Regis. Enjoy UNLV!

Last edited:
If you want to end up in Colorado, that's another story. Colorado has some of the lowest-paying PT jobs in the country. But it is one of my favorite states.
I think Drexel's 2.5-year program is really attractive. I know some posters come down on shorter/accelerated programs. But Drexel has 38 weeks of clin ed, and I'll note that when I went to NU's happy hour/open house, the current students had just returned from a long break -- some said it was even too long and that they had some rust buildup.

If you want to end up in Colorado, that's another story. Colorado has some of the lowest-paying PT jobs in the country. But it is one of my favorite states.
I think Drexel's 2.5-year program is really attractive. I know some posters come down on shorter/accelerated programs. But Drexel has 38 weeks of clin ed, and I'll note that when I went to NU's happy hour/open house, the current students had just returned from a long break -- some said it was even too long and that they had some rust buildup.

I agree, Colorado is beautiful! My husband works in environmental science. Accelerated programs certainly have their own pros and cons, but in the end I think Drexel maintains a high quality of coursework and clinical affiliations! I need to decide soon, lots to think about!

Hello all! I was accepted to the Regis DPT program this year, and I am going to accept the offer. Does anyone know specifics about their drug testing? I had assumed that in the official acceptance packet they would tell us the offer was contingent upon passing a drug screen. Since this didn't happen, will the drug screen happen when we arrive for class? And since medical and recreational marijuana are legal in Colorado, does Regis even test for pot?
Even though pot is legal in CO, you're still technically under federal guidelines, so employers and such can still fire you for it showing up on your drug test. Plus, it's a Jesuit university, so I'm pretty sure they're the last place that will be lax on the testing.

I got my Regis hard copy the day after my email acceptance.

I just received a postcard from a current student at Regis reaching out to answer questions about the program. I am on the alternate list so I hope this is a good sign!

I got the same postcard yesterday and declined 3 weeks ago.

Did everyone on the Waitlist receive an email today from Regis, titled "Touching Base"? It wasn't an offer or anything, just a message to determine interest in the program. Just wondering.

I received a touching base email as well.

Are there any alternates out there that have been offered a spot yet?

I also got that e-mail. I thought it was interesting that they said they have not offered any alternates a seat because their cohort is full when there has been several sdn'ers that have said they declined admission... I wonder if they want a smaller class than they initially gave seats out to.

I doubt they want a smaller class, they are actually expanding from the current 65(ish) to 80. They said they were approved to do so because it was recommended by the APTA so they were going to jump at the opportunity. They probably sent out an extra 20-30 acceptances knowing that some of us would decline! That's how you fill a class without needing to notify alternates :) But even after paying the deposit and committing, students can still give up their seat! (I did at one university) SO keep hope alive!! You will all get in!

The increased the class size to 81 for the 2017 class (my class), and will be keeping it pretty close to that. They sent out a few extra acceptances for my class beyond the 80 assuming that some would not attend. We probably have 6-10 students who were pulled off the waitlist. Keep you chin up and good luck.

The increased the class size to 81 for the 2017 class (my class), and will be keeping it pretty close to that. They sent out a few extra acceptances for my class beyond the 80 assuming that some would not attend. We probably have 6-10 students who were pulled off the waitlist. Keep you chin up and good luck.
No word for 4 months, starting to give up hope...

I am on the alternate list and have not heard anything yet either. Does anybody know an approximate number of students that are on the alternate list? After contacting Meagan, she said she was unable to disclose any of that information. Still, it would be nice to know my chances.