Regis or CU Denver Pharmacy School?

Started by LMOZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LMOZ

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you had to pick between the two, which would you choose? I know Regis is private=more expensive, but what I am looking for specifically is which school will give me the greater chance of getting into a clinical residency program? what's their teaching style like? etc. Thank you!
 
I'm probably a bit biased because I attended CU but I loved it there. The faculty is superb and really help you with preparing you for whatever field you are interested in, they have been around with a great reputation for a long time and I felt they honestly prepared me very well for my 2 years of residency.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
 
If you had to pick between the two, which would you choose? I know Regis is private=more expensive, but what I am looking for specifically is which school will give me the greater chance of getting into a clinical residency program? what's their teaching style like? etc. Thank you!
As far as CU Denver goes, I know they are much MUCH more clinically focused rather than community pharmacy focused. They have a great IPE program (inter-professional experience) that is used to train future pharmacists in working as part of a healthcare team which is what clinical and hospital healthcare is shifting towards. They also have great connections to hospitals. I am applying there right now, but I couldn’t tell you much about Regis. I hope that’s helpful!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Working with new grads from Regis have way more of an idea about lab experience... I got a new grad from CU who didn't even know how to confidently draw up a medication... I feel Regis has more hands on team based learning and CU is just book smart they have a hard time applying the knowledge to real life scenarios