Regis or CU Denver Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LMOZ

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had to pick between the two, which would you choose? I know Regis is private=more expensive, but what I am looking for specifically is which school will give me the greater chance of getting into a clinical residency program? what's their teaching style like? etc. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm probably a bit biased because I attended CU but I loved it there. The faculty is superb and really help you with preparing you for whatever field you are interested in, they have been around with a great reputation for a long time and I felt they honestly prepared me very well for my 2 years of residency.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

If you had to pick between the two, which would you choose? I know Regis is private=more expensive, but what I am looking for specifically is which school will give me the greater chance of getting into a clinical residency program? what's their teaching style like? etc. Thank you!
As far as CU Denver goes, I know they are much MUCH more clinically focused rather than community pharmacy focused. They have a great IPE program (inter-professional experience) that is used to train future pharmacists in working as part of a healthcare team which is what clinical and hospital healthcare is shifting towards. They also have great connections to hospitals. I am applying there right now, but I couldn’t tell you much about Regis. I hope that’s helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Working with new grads from Regis have way more of an idea about lab experience... I got a new grad from CU who didn't even know how to confidently draw up a medication... I feel Regis has more hands on team based learning and CU is just book smart they have a hard time applying the knowledge to real life scenarios