Regis University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone,

I am a P2 currently at Regis. If you get an interview, congrats and good luck on your up and coming interview date. A lot of people I have talked with seem worried about the interview process. The only advice i can give is to be yourself and be as honest as possible. If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.

Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a call today telling me that I was accepted and that they'll email me further instructions. :)

I'm just worried that the school is not fully accredited yet. Does anyone know what the chances are that the program will become fully accredited?

Congrats! I hope I get a call too...

What time did they call you?

I'm pretty sure that the school has every intention on becoming fully accredited; otherwise, they wouldn't have undertaken the objective of opening the school.

Interviewing on Friday 3/30. Any tips for the mini interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they give out more acceptances? I was thinking it would be sometime this week -_-

If you interviewed on 3/15 it should be this week, infact I was told that I'll receive the letter of acceptance tomorrow but I got the email today.

Congrats, is that the only place you interviewed at and got accepted? I'm still debating if I should go there. I still have a school to hear from and another school to interview at.

In addition to Regis, I also applied to Incarnate Word in San Antonio, which is the school right across the street from mine, and I got wait-listed. I definitely will be going to Regis because I'm ready for a change of scenery! :)

eek!! got a call yesterday after work!!! so excitedddd!! C/O 2016!!!

Congrats to all that have been accepted! I'm interviewing tomorrow. I'm really excited and nervous at the same. Good luck to everyone still waiting as well as those interviewing tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptances!! I interviewed last Friday and I'm anxiously waiting for that phone call! :xf:

I interviewed on March 15 and got a call and email on the 28th! Feeling very fortunate and excited! Have no clue what I will do about living arrangements though... anyone else in the same boat?

I have a feeling I was your replacement when you canceled your interview for the 15th. I was scheduled for the 30th, and they called a week before to let me know a spot opened up for the 15th, and they offered it to me. :) It was my first interview I have ever done, and I found out on the 28th I was accepted!! I already canceled my Creighton and Massachusetts interviews, as Regis was my #1. Just wanted to share...

I interviewed on March 15 and got a call and email on the 28th! Feeling very fortunate and excited! Have no clue what I will do about living arrangements though... anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah, I'm looking for apartments around the downtown area so I can be close to all of the culture as much as I can. It is about a 15-20 minute drive but well worth the investment, I feel. Congrats on your acceptance and see you in the fall!

Just got the call approx. an hour ago, AND...I'm IN! Though I liked Chicago more, I liked Regis as a school better. BOOM.

Hi, I haven't posted here often, but when did you interview? I interviewed on 3/30, and I know they said 2 weeks, but I can't wait!

I interviewed on 3/30 as well and I just got the call after work tonight. I was accepted!!! Wooooo! Now to decide between Regis and University of Colorado. Hmmmm.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

i'm in as well :soexcited:

interviewed 3/30. accepted 4/11.

see you guys in the fall!!!

Congratulations guys! Regis University was such a nice campus and the interview process was just really great. I almost wouldn't mind getting rejected there because it would be so hard for me to chose where to go. :p

I just received an acceptance email!!!!!!!!

congrats on all the new acceptances!!
for those of you still waiting, I just want to let you know that this is my 2nd yr applying. so improve your application and reapply as soon as pharmCAS opens up their next cycle. best of luck.

congrats on all the new acceptances!!
for those of you still waiting, I just want to let you know that this is my 2nd yr applying. so improve your application and reapply as soon as pharmCAS opens up their next cycle. best of luck.

I agree. I regret not applying earlier. I volunteered and was able to get a job as a pharmacy tech and a tutor. I think this is the only reason I got 4 interviews (rejected by 4). My math/sci gpa was like 2.8 and overall was like 3.0 (including retakes and nonpassing grades). Do what you can. Good luck!

I got my acceptance as well. Missing a religious studies class haha

Me too! I remember the tour guide was saying that it might not be required for us, but oops. There goes summer, haha.

Hi everyone! I interviewed 3/30 and received acceptance like ~7 days later. Congratulations to the class of 2016! I really loved Regis University, but I am accepting an offer to PCOM :D in Georgia. Hopefully this frees a spot for someone on SDN :)

Last edited:
Dear AGDPharm,
I am interviewing with Regis College of Pharmacy on December 6th. This is my first interview and I am pretty nervous. Is there any advice you can give me, such as they types of questions asked and the types of prompts for the writing portion of the interview? Any help is treating appreciated!

Thank you!
Elizabeth

Dear AGDPharm,
I am interviewing with Regis College of Pharmacy on December 6th. This is my first interview and I am pretty nervous. Is there any advice you can give me, such as they types of questions asked and the types of prompts for the writing portion of the interview? Any help is treating appreciated!

Thank you!
Elizabeth
when did you submit your application??? Good luck on the interview!!!

Arri, I submitted my application last week and was invited for the interview the next day! I was so surprised that they responded so quickly. Have you applied?

Arri, I submitted my application last week and was invited for the interview the next day! I was so surprised that they responded so quickly. Have you applied?
Ahhhhh I received an interview for the 6th as well!! Good luck to everyone!!!

Does anyone know when Certiphi will contact you to schedule the drug screening? I have already completed the background check a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back about the drug screening. I ask because I will be out the country for most of the summer, and am trying to take care of all the necessary requirements for the pharmacy program before I leave.

Please let me know as soon as possible! Thanks so much guys!

Does anyone know when Certiphi will contact you to schedule the drug screening? I have already completed the background check a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back about the drug screening. I ask because I will be out the country for most of the summer, and am trying to take care of all the necessary requirements for the pharmacy program before I leave.

Please let me know as soon as possible! Thanks so much guys!
Hi! I haven't heard anything about the drug screening yet either. Maybe ask Justin Rowe, he is very helpful! Are you starting at Regis in the fall??!!

s a recent registered pharmacist in state of colorado an attained the doctor of pharmacy from regis university. It is my duty to make aware of the innocent applicants of this very hypocrite and very cheat university that I faced for the last 8 years

Top 10 reasons you should never consider this university for any higher education

10.No parking on campus. With increasing population of students the university still increases the tuition but does not accommodate for parking for any students. Especially the pharm d student that will incur about $200k of loan or money per student to the greedy university. University still doesnt care about the parking and in reality never will because it will cost money.

1. Low rention of pharmacy practice professors. To this date atleast 50% of the professors have left this institution after working for it less than a year, not to mention the student dean who left the school of pharmacy in 7 months after been in the position. Mind that all these positions were voluntary resignation. The last dean of pharmay left due to greed to allow professors to be hired under the proposition that they will bring grant money to the univerity irrespective of their teaching abilities or qualifications. Dr.Goldwire is the name of the professor that was hired without the consent of the dean and dean resigned due to the insult
  1. The low job market of denver metro area and the profession as a whole. Does it make sense to rack up 200k of loans to study the material by yourself and still pay

1. Failed TBL. I beared the TBL learning for 4 years but it is failed learning. Honestly I learned more from RX prep than the 4 years I spent in this school. It does not have retention ability if at all it adds pressure to the students to learn the material by themselves and if they are not able to they are kicked out.
  1. Experitial education department. It talks about professionalism but it itself is found in bars being trashed hopeless and hypocrite. I myself had a talk with a professor about this double standards. If it is OEE in airplane not representing the health care profession or it is OEE who roots for students to fail to makes them feel incompentent to collect more money in APPEs (LAST YEAR ROTATIONS). Greedy and yet very hypocrite
  1. Bogus courses in 3 year of pharmacy school. Imagine paying $4000 for faith and traditions and ethics courses. Even though this univeristy claims not to enforce catholic traditions it indirectly, from the white court ceremony, to faith and traditions to ethics and to graduations to the very graduation certificate it is evident it is not the case. It is obvious that one neeeds to be catholic or atleast be under one to be successful if not be face or presented with reality that all that glitters is not gold saying
  1. Lack of experitial sites. University has little or no connections with the outside world, especially the retail sector. Be ready to be their slave when it comes to going anywhere to work for free

3. High cost of attendence. You will atlease rack up 150-200k in loans with highly saturated colorado market for pharmacists. No jobs for recent grads in colorado even in remote area. Only prn or on call jobs for agencies. False hope and unrealistic expectation from the university just to act as a diploma mills and make money from students

2. High amount of students did not pass the CPJE on 2013, and 2014. School scores below average in NAPLEX score nationwide (I know the data if from 2 years) but really out 150 students only the students that chose to report the score are in the data hence it does not contain entire school data.Says a lot about the preparation they did to teach students. But again as I said there is no teaching, you get the packet you learn and they quiz you. Simply put you pay for a packet which eventually is copied from DIPRIO anyways

1. Racism, favorism and no uniformity in policys. Simply put if your a minority and not a kiss ass you will have it tough then others. It is worse for African Americans. In a nutshell, dont get impressed by interview lunch or fancy speeches- TBL is fail and student data proves it. Additionally it is one university and the only university that has it and will have it in US. This university symbolizes an institution that is greedy, wants to push out new grads, saturate the market, put students in 200k debt and at the end turn their back from you. Not to mention if you fall they will make sure you fall so that they can make money out of you. Only cura personalis this university has is getting money and money from anywhere by creating or hiding or turning a blind eye to any policy. Runs as a monarchy and has no checks or balances. Dean does not know OEE policies or doesnt interfere, Pharmacy pratice does not care about anything and the situation is going to be turn worse as this univerisity has attainted accredidation

There is not 1 logical reason to attend this university. I was desparate to get in anywhere and I had to bear all this. If you are like me then by all means attend and bear if you are not dont put yourself in this corrupt and inhumane institution