Registered for Computerized Board!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I took the plunge! (financially as well, $215!) I just registered online for the computerized step I yesterday and already received my confirmation number and called Prometric. I guess my only justification is trying to avoid the stress of chatting with folks on test day and having to sit there with 80 other folks (nothing against my classmates, but I had a good experience with the DAT). I still have to take it before or on the same day as my class, so I'm registered for July 12th which is when they take it. I'm just hoping that I won't look back on it later and worry that I got a harder exam administered to me?? Oh well, too late now, we'll see how it goes...

anyone else taking it on the computer??

:eek: :D

Members don't see this ad.

HI there

am an international dentist fro India.....am also taking the CBT......either on 12/13/14 July......wish u all the best....gpg

waiting said:
Well, I took the plunge! (financially as well, $215!) I just registered online for the computerized step I yesterday and already received my confirmation number and called Prometric. I guess my only justification is trying to avoid the stress of chatting with folks on test day and having to sit there with 80 other folks (nothing against my classmates, but I had a good experience with the DAT). I still have to take it before or on the same day as my class, so I'm registered for July 12th which is when they take it. I'm just hoping that I won't look back on it later and worry that I got a harder exam administered to me?? Oh well, too late now, we'll see how it goes...

anyone else taking it on the computer??

:eek: :D

Why do you have to take it before or on the same day as your class? Is your school making you do that, or is the ADA?

Members don't see this ad :)
robf said:
Why do you have to take it before or on the same day as your class? Is your school making you do that, or is the ADA?

Not the ADA, that's for sure.

To the OP: another great motivation for taking it on computer is that you'll have your scores several weeks before your classmates. You'll do fine!

i just recently turned in my computer application as well! :eek: i haven't received a confirmation number yet...how long did you have to wait? also, did you have any difficulties in choosing the date you wanted at the site you wanted?

-wasabi

Is it true that we can't go back in section for the computerized? Currently for example, in the written, you can go back to biochem after finishing anatomy if you have extra time. I think I'll be taking the computer too because I don't think I'll be ready by July 12 and I don't want to feel the extra "stress" from taking it at school. I guess I prefer the privacy of the cubicles at the computer testing center. But, I'm somewhat nervous about taking on the computer.

I 2 took the leap! I don't see why its more for the computer though! :smuggrin:

c132 said:
I don't see why its more for the computer though! :smuggrin:

That is because you are paying BOTH the ADA and Prometric to take the test!
Have fun!

hopefully said:
Is it true that we can't go back in section for the computerized? Currently for example, in the written, you can go back to biochem after finishing anatomy if you have extra time.

That WAS a problem previously, but it was resolved recently (around mid-May if my memory serves me right). That's info from the ADA website.

You should be able to switch back and forth between either of the two sections you are given.

Gavin is right....earlier u were alloted 1hr45min per section.....and could go back and forth within that sec only....acc to the letter I have received,we have 2 sessions of 3 1/2 hours each......just like the written......so you can go back and forth within the 2 sections u r taking at a time......all the best.....any one taking the CBT in NJ/NY around 12/13 july?