Registering for the OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi im a canadian from Toronto. When would be a good time to register to write oat sometime in july-august (is this getting late for an early application?).

Members don't see this ad.

Hi im a canadian from Toronto. When would be a good time to register to write oat sometime in july-august (is this getting late for an early application?).

not at all. July or august is an ideal time to take since you have all summer to study. This is definitely a good plan.

I agree that July-August is a great time to take the OAT. That also gives you time to re-take it in the fall if need be. You have to register online to take the OAT before you can actually schedule your testing date with a testing center. You can register now and pay the fee, and then schedule at your leisure.

Here is the website where you register: http://www.ada.org/OAT/register.asp

I scheduled my OAT date about two weeks in advance with no problems, however I took it at a less busy testing time (in October). You can look at available testing dates and times online without actually scheduling (you will have to enter your registration information) and see how the time slots are filling up at your testing center. If your testing center is very busy and you are taking it during the summer, you probably want to schedule it at least a month in advance, maybe more.

I agree that July-August is a great time to take the OAT. That also gives you time to re-take it in the fall if need be. You have to register online to take the OAT before you can actually schedule your testing date with a testing center. You can register now and pay the fee, and then schedule at your leisure.

Here is the website where you register: http://www.ada.org/OAT/register.asp

I scheduled my OAT date about two weeks in advance with no problems, however I took it at a less busy testing time (in October). You can look at available testing dates and times online without actually scheduling (you will have to enter your registration information) and see how the time slots are filling up at your testing center. If your testing center is very busy and you are taking it during the summer, you probably want to schedule it at least a month in advance, maybe more.

YEP - register early, take it early, repeat (if you have to) early, APPLY EARLY!!!