Registration day!

Started by SexyPlexi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SexyPlexi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am gong to be working 30 hours next semester. I sign up for classes today. If I can squeeze A&P I and II into my plan somewhere then I can apply to an extra 2 schools. This semester I'm taking Chem I and lab and Calculus I and working 40 hours a week. It was a lot, but I would't say TOO much. Should I sign up for Chem II plus lab, Biol I plus lab, AND A&P I plus lab this semsester? Or is that a terrible idea if I ever want to see the light of day? (Need all As to make up for the GE classes I took the first go round when I didn't know I wanted to be a pharmD.)

What do you think?
 
If you think you can handle the load yeah ... but Bio 1 and A&P are EXTREMELY time consuming, and the labs are killers. Chem 2 is easy, but the lab can be tricky depending where you take it. When I first took Bio 1 I was taking 14 credits and working 40 hrs a week and I got a C, so you might wanna reconsider, or make sure you know what you're getting into.
 
I am gong to be working 30 hours next semester. I sign up for classes today. If I can squeeze A&P I and II into my plan somewhere then I can apply to an extra 2 schools. This semester I'm taking Chem I and lab and Calculus I and working 40 hours a week. It was a lot, but I would't say TOO much. Should I sign up for Chem II plus lab, Biol I plus lab, AND A&P I plus lab this semsester? Or is that a terrible idea if I ever want to see the light of day? (Need all As to make up for the GE classes I took the first go round when I didn't know I wanted to be a pharmD.)

What do you think?
No way. You take 3 science classes in one semester. It is better to have A's when you take 2 classes than have C's when taking 5 classes. I would never take Chemistry II and Lab, Bio I and Lab together with Anatomy. It will kill you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taking all three will be a challenge if you are working 30 hours, without the job it would be fine. Bio 1 and chem 1 series labs are easy work just takes some time on lab reports and that kind of stuff. A&P lab can be hard or easy depending on your ability to memorize, no hard concepts to understand. If write lab reports well and memorize efficiently, I say go for it, you know what you can handle and what you can't and if not you will find out....
 
Thanks for the advice! You're probably right...I think I will just stick to my original plan and apply where I can next summer and then if I don't get in...well I will have more prereqs to take to apply to more schools the next year.