Registured Nurse Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tylerc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, to becoem a registured nurse, do you needdd to be good at math? I know you need math to pass the NET. But while on the job do you have to be super super good with mental math,, if so what ??

And i was also wondering, do i have to become a an LPN before i have to become an RN?? I heard that LPN's are dying out, so i dont know if i still have to become a LPN first.

I was also wondering if anyone can provide me with a website that can help me practice the Math that is on the NET test.

& 1 more think what kind of math courses do you take or have to take in nursing school..

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering, to becoem a registured nurse, do you needdd to be good at math? I know you need math to pass the NET. But while on the job do you have to be super super good with mental math,, if so what ??

And i was also wondering, do i have to become a an LPN before i have to become an RN?? I heard that LPN's are dying out, so i dont know if i still have to become a LPN first.

I was also wondering if anyone can provide me with a website that can help me practice the Math that is on the NET test.

& 1 more think what kind of math courses do you take or have to take in nursing school..

Thanks.

http://www.teach-nology.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31515

Enjoy....

The only math I have done was really simple in my pharmacology class when we were determining dosages for drugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tyler,
I recommend you look at CC's in your area with ADN program and speak with a counselor about their nursing program. Usually they will have all the data sheets on requirements as well as possible orientations with future academic instructors who will provide an intro to the course expectations and requirements.
It is reassuring to hear these things in person ;)

Yes, one needs to be very comfortable with maths. Of course you do not want to kill anyone so math is very important. For the Bachelor of Science in Nursing you will have to do college algebra, statistics and organic chemistry.

Nursing programs do not require organic chemistry, they require general chemistry....extremely, extremely different.

I did organic chemistry for nursing. I guess you are generalizing. That's okay.

I am almost done with nursing college my dear. I will not say the name of the school I attend but I was accepted because I did organic chemistry while I was doing my bachelor in pharmacology. I id not do general chemistry.

I am almost done with nursing college my dear. I will not say the name of the school I attend but I was accepted because I did organic chemistry while I was doing my bachelor in pharmacology. I id not do general chemistry.
Oh my god she's back.:eek: Wanted an O chem class that does not need general chemistry. Or a bachelors in pharmacology that does not require general chemistry. Or is it a PhD in pharmacology? The poster seems confused:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=580738

I needed O chem for my nursing program too.

With regard to the op's question: yes, you need to be good at math however the requirements are not very heavy. All you'll need coursewise is college algebra. You'll need strong basic "in your head" math skills though. You'll need to be able to do "idiot check" math....do the numbers make sense kinds of calculations. Ratioing, and dosage calculations are important (especially for peds !).

Depending on your nursing program, you might need to take a course in statistics (mine required it - its an accelerated BSN program).

The NET is a pretty basic test. Review your chem, biology/micro, nutrition and be able to do ratio calculations...

Hope that helps.

Core0, is it possible that you are full of envy for my qualifications. It is obvious that you cannot read and understand very well. Let me break it down for you. In order for me to gain my PhD, I had to do a bachelors in pharmacology. I do not have to convince anyone here of who I am, this is not important. Let me hope you change your attitude for the New Year or else you will be heading for failure!

So your nursing school didn't require O-Chem, and you took it for another reason.

Guess that renders your original post in this thread completely meaningless.
Burp! Burp! Burp!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are certain users on SDN who I go back through all their posts just to amuse myself, and she's totally on that list.
ha ha ha, send for the trolls to do damage control! I am always but I do not post most of the times because some of you people are just waiting to belittle others.

Here we go again.

:corny:
her we go again what? are you a he or a she? maybe both! Take your pills my friend just in case the male comes out of you at the wrong time.

her we go again what? are you a he or a she? maybe both! Take your pills my friend just in case the male comes out of you at the wrong time.

This matters to you because...? That's the second time you've asked. Are you trying to pick me up?

This matters to you because...? That's the second time you've asked. Are you trying to pick me up?
Its the early Dylan picture. Gets them every time.

Its the early Dylan picture. Gets them every time.

It's funny. The resurgence of this poster's remarks made this song flash through my head:

Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your mouth,
Blowing down the backroads headin south.
Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth,
Youre an idiot, babe.
Its a wonder that you still know how to breathe.

"Blood On The Tracks" has been on heavy rotation in my car lately.

What is wrong with this hmmmm... are you serious? I find this very funny. This poster seems to be very disturbed. Oh boy, here he/she goes again!

I totally just noticed that the title of this thread says "Registured Nurse".

From now on, when I'm saying bad things about nurses, I'm going to refer to them as "Regis-turd Nurses".

I can't believe that I've never thought of that before now. :cool:

[/jk]
Now look what this poster finds funny! Some of these people need to take care of the beasts in the wilderness. I honestly would not allow certain people here to take care of my dog, much less my children. As you can see my dog comes last in my househild as expected.

Now look what this poster finds funny! Some of these people need to take care of the beasts in the wilderness. I honestly would not allow certain people here to take care of my dog, much less my children. As you can see my dog comes last in my househild as expected.

why did u have to mention that? :laugh:

why did u have to mention that? :laugh:
I said it because it sounds good to me. Are you offended madam? Sorry about that just expressing myself the best way I can. I am so happy Obama will be in charge soon because some of these so-called doctors in training will have to give more free service to the homeless. The same type of service they give to the wealthy *****s. The wealthy will have a warm time with taxes, praise the Lord! The poor will have a better chance.

There are certain users on SDN who I go back through all their posts just to amuse myself, and she's totally on that list.
>
I did just that, and boy, I suddenly feel great about myself.

No stats is the easiest class (math-wise) ever.

Julie you are a trip! where are you? I have not heard from you in a while...give me a call. I do not have your new number. You are so funny. It is time for people here to understand that you are just too straightfarword.

Well.... glad to see this thread stayed on topic.... I can feel the love! lol

Julie you are a trip! where are you? I have not heard from you in a while...give me a call. I do not have your new number. You are so funny. It is time for people here to understand that you are just too straightfarword.

Too straight "farword" means she claims she has a varying number and type of disagrees (i just realized that was supposed to say degrees) that conflict with one another? hmm...

Last edited:
"Mom, Julie's not taking her medication"

"Why do you think that?"

"SHE"S TALKING TO HERSELF AGAIN"

Orthopa, I am julie and no, I am not on medication. I will leave the cravings for drugs to you the negative soul. Nurse2b2009, you do not have to speak for me. Be not afraid! God will be your guide. Anyway, I will be back soon people...!