regrets?

Started by abcxyz0123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

seth03 said:
I searched to see if a similar topic was posted here before, but I couldn't find any, so i was just wondering: Do any neurosurgery residents or attendings on this board regret their decision?

Check this out: http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/RESIDENT/CareerCounseling/pdf/Neurological_Surgery.pdf

One of the survey questions was, "Would you choose this specialty again?" 89.66% said yes, 3.45% said no, and 6.9 were undecided. Pretty solid...I think OB was like 55%, Derm was ~96%...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i agree. nonetheless, those survey's (they have them for virtually every field) are a great resource and bring to light considerations many may not think of all that much. there are larger samples for other fields
 
pinkwank said:
i don't think a survey of 29 people accurately reflects overall satisfaction within a speciality.


ok, but until 29 practicing neurosurgeons come on here and reply, I think it's the best answer 🙄