You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
regular iq
Started by HSG
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
its very average
IQ is done by age.
The average is always 100.
IQ is done by age.
The average is always 100.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the regular iq for a 11th grader. I got 106, is that OK?
IQ doesn't really matter unless you are trying to get into the secret society anyway. But yeah, as previous posters mentioned, it's average.
IQ doesn't really matter unless you are trying to get into the secret society anyway. But yeah, as previous posters mentioned, it's average.
Illuminati or MENSA? I think MENSA requires 145 or some form of validated IQ test....

I wouldn't worry yourself too much about this! Just work hard!
11th grade doesnt matter.
IQ = (Cognitive age/Cronological age)x100
So, ~100 is right where you need to be.... and then theres the standard deviation.....
IQ = (Cognitive age/Cronological age)x100
So, ~100 is right where you need to be.... and then theres the standard deviation.....
Illuminati or MENSA? I think MENSA requires 145 or some form of validated IQ test....
I wouldn't worry yourself too much about this! Just work hard!
I'm shooting for Illuminati. Hah.
At least you're not getting dumber as you get older. I was in MENSA when I was little, but now...
I've never taken an IQ test. I'd like to I think.
I love IQ tests. I grew up doing the kinds of questions they ask you all day long (in Mathcounts). They make me feel smart...Then I take a med school test and realize I'm not particularly special. 😛
I'm not how much I agree with this. Simple intelligence isn't the only factor that determines your abilities for one, plus you can improve your scores on IQ tests just like any other test by practicing problems like the ones they teach... Maybe its just because of the fact that US college is so much easier to get into now, but this website says that unless you are above average you won't likely graduate college....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is a definition something you can agree or disagree with?
I've never taken an IQ test. I'd like to I think.
The american mensa web site has some info about what they will accept as "proof" of an IQ that matches their criteria of 98th percentile; note that the MCAT is NOT accepted as one of the exams that they will consider, where GMAT, and I believe SAT/ACT are, or at least they were in the past - these exams changed substantially a handful of years ago.
I tend to think of IQ as "processing ability"; that high IQ may help the person to understand stuff more quickly than the "average" person, and sometimes to compartmentalize what they know faster; fit it all together in a framework that makes sense to them. It definitely does not mean you're a better or worse person. Yes 100 is considered average, I recall that typically a range rather than a single number was considered; maybe 95-105 is average; pretty major bell curve to this, anything outside of 80-130 is quite unusual.
My opinion is that if a person has been given gifts like this one, they have a greater responsibility to use it to benefit others. Which seems like a darn good reason to consider becoming a physician.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 6K