Reimbursement

Started by C Fiber
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

C Fiber

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard from a very well-established pain doc that reimbursement from medicare and many insurances have dropped tremendously in the last 3 years. For example, an ESI only reimburse <$100 through medicare if you don't own the facility. Another example, stimulator implantation is only reimbursing $600 per case (which takes about 1-2 hours to do). Seems almost not worth the effort. Is that really true? What's the key to stay afloat? I am not trying to make half a million or more per year. I just want to pay off my student loan!!! 🙁