5+ Year Member
- May 9, 2013
People confirmed I needed to start over on this prompt, so I am. It's the only one I'm really struggling with. Like any of these off-the-cuff ideas? The prompt is to write a sentence you wish were true but isn't, and then explain why you wish it were.
- "I speak fluent Malayalam (my wife's native language) and Hindi (language of the working class in Mumbai, a city I love)". I'm currently a beginning/ intermediate speaker of both. I'm also quasi-fluent in Spanish and intermediate in French.
- "Thanks to this new teleporter, I can travel instantly between LA, Portland, Mumbai, and Dubai."
- "Thanks to the global debt amnesty, developing nations can invest in their people rather than loan payments to the IMF, and students can contribute to society and build their futures with confidence in their financial security."
- "I've meditated for more than 10,000 hours". (I've meditated regularly for several years, find it very useful, but have mentioned it already in my PS and several other places).
- "Since meditation became a required class in all middle and high schools, just like PE, reports of bullying and depression have declined".
- "Since trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, agave, and excessive added sugar were outlawed, obesity and diabetes rates have declined".
- "Thanks to physician-led, community-centered patient education programs about diet and lifestyle, the rapidly increasing prevalence of chronic diseases has slowed down."
- "World peace" (the beauty pageant answer). JK!