rejected already?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamerofdmd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boston University hates me....

My LORs were sent out Friday, I just re-took my DAT August 8th, and AADSAS sent my app out on August 6th.... and i just got a rejection letter from Boston postmarked August 6th. unbelievable...

happened to anyone else? What a depressing app cycle... at least last year they waited until Jan or Feb to send me my rejections.... ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

My LORs were sent out Friday, I just re-took my DAT August 8th, and AADSAS sent my app out on August 6th.... and i just got a rejection letter from Boston postmarked August 6th. unbelievable...

happened to anyone else? What a depressing app cycle... at least last year they waited until Jan or Feb to send me my rejections.... ugh.

how is your gpa and science gpa?
did you take many science courses?

3.31 ug gpa..... 3.19 science...
going to get my masters at umdnj this fall..
21 aa, 21 ts, 20 pat, 17 qr, 22 rc, 20 orgo, 20 bio, 27 gen chem.... from aug 8th

from sept 06, 20 aa, 20 ts, 17 pat, 16 qr, 22 rc, 22 orgo, 19 bio, 22 gen chem

Members don't see this ad :)

I wouldn't take it personal. It could be that your QR score probably was below the cut-offs for BU. Many schools have this kind of policy, and a 17, while not very low to many, may have been just at the threshold or slightly below it. You could call them up and see what they say. Having said that, though, just let it go and look to the future.

hey,
im sorry to hear about the rejection. did they by any chance ask you to send in any supplemental fee? g'luck with rest of cycle. it's not over yet so keep your chin up. i already got my first rejection too :(

Honestly, BU is probably one of the schools that get to you the latest. And your stats look fine for BU, so, I am wondering, could be a bad LOR? or something else on your application like a criminal rap sheet?

from this cycle? they haven't even started contacting people for the supp fee. could it have been from last cycle? i JUST got a letter from a school about 2 weeks ago....needless to say i didn't think i was going to hear from them again.

from this cycle? they haven't even started contacting people for the supp fee. could it have been from last cycle? i JUST got a letter from a school about 2 weeks ago....needless to say i didn't think i was going to hear from them again.
yeah...this is what happened to me last year. got freaked out. this is probably the case for you.

theres no way its a rejection from this cycle..they havnt even started reviewing apps yet. impossible..boston always waits until well into the new year to send u ur walking papers

haha, yea i didn't reapply to that particular school. At least they sent me something, I didn't even hear from some schools ever again

The dates don't add up... it's most likely from last cycle. I find it odd there's confusion over this.... doesn't the letter say something like "You are not being considered for the class of 2011?" Instead of 2012 I mean? Do they really not make it explicit in the letter, or are people legitimately confused/shocked too much to read it carefully?

In any event, really hope you still have a chance for this cycle... if it's not the case, with your stats you should have a shot at some other schools so don't worry!!

Do they really not make it explicit in the letter, or are people legitimately confused/shocked too much to read it carefully?

It happened to me 3 weeks ago. I was too shocked to read it that carefully... I stopped at "I regret to inform you..."

A couple of days later I was reading it again and found "for admission to the class of 2011" :D

Are u a reapplicant? this is my second time applying, and I got that letter too. I believe its for last cycle, because I havent paid the fee yet, and they dont have my LORs yet. But im gonna call them on monday to make sure.

Rejected already from Loma Linda. With 3.78/ 3.89 and 20/22/18.

Rejected already from Loma Linda. With 3.78/ 3.89 and 20/22/18.

now that's just crazy! gezz

i'm sure you will get in somewhere!

The dates don't add up... it's most likely from last cycle. I find it odd there's confusion over this.... doesn't the letter say something like "You are not being considered for the class of 2011?" Instead of 2012 I mean? Do they really not make it explicit in the letter, or are people legitimately confused/shocked too much to read it carefully?

In any event, really hope you still have a chance for this cycle... if it's not the case, with your stats you should have a shot at some other schools so don't worry!!

This happened to me, too. It freaked me out at first. It really doesn't say anything about 2011 vs. 2012, but it does refer to "this year's class." I assume that means the class that's starting this year.

it doesn't have a class year.... geez that was a heartache.... im so glad i posted and got some common sense knocked into me.... it probably is from last year. i looked through my rejections (i have a folder with all my sad, sad rejections from last cycle), and i don't have one from bu..... so it's probably from last cycle. thanks guys!

yea some schools are weird i was rejected from OSU before my app was even complete they said the reason was that i was from out of state and the special requirement for out of staters is a 3.7 so........ yea.

I just got my rejection letter from Boston (last cycle). I mean it's nice that they at least got back to us but couldn't they have at least done it a few months eariler? sigh

I just got my rejection letter from Boston (last cycle). I mean it's nice that they at least got back to us but couldn't they have at least done it a few months eariler? sigh
I am still waiting for mine, maybe I will get it before they ask for this year's application fee.

I got 3 rejections in the past 2 weeks and started to freak out that it was for 2008 cycle. I called one school and they said it was for the 2007 cycle, they havent even begun looking at 2008 yet. So I'm assuming all the rejections that came in the past 2 weeks were for class of 2011. EEEK!! They are messing with our heads.