Rejected by Case Western :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gegogi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter from Case that I was rejected on Sep. 30
I don't understand how Case rejected me - i have solid GPA (3.6) with DAT(19)

Members don't see this ad.

you can always call and ask them or take my approach and pretend like you didn't want to go there anyway :)

Case has cutoff for every section of the DAT and I guess it's at least 18-19 in every section .......not sure about the math section thou but sure about others.
Every school is different. GL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Join the club...if for some reason I need to reapply next year, Case is the only school I will not reapply to. Don't like how they go about their admissions process.

Sorry, but with those scores you should get in somewhwere. Just apply to the right schools.

I'm on hold until for Case if I retake the DAT. I have no intentions to.

Is Case beyond the average schools? Or it's so-so school? I do not have any idea of what the right school is...Please, gimme any 2 cents.

did u even go to interview yet??

Case has cutoff for every section of the DAT and I guess it's at least 18-19 in every section .......not sure about the math section thou but sure about others.
Every school is different. GL.

Not true, at least not in my case. I got an interview invite at Case with a section lower than 18, and no I am not African-American.

I got an interview with a 17 on my o-chem section, but I have a 3.79 GPA from a respectable college.

When were all of your materials in to Case? They do things very quickly. I think they started giving out interviews in like July maybe, so if your app wasn't in early, it doesn't mean you aren't a good candidate, but I'm pretty sure by now their interviews for the year are all filled up or almost filled up. It's unfortunate, but I guess that's kinda how the rolling admissions process works.
Each school starts looking at things at different times. Case is probably one of the earliest, and I know some schools just started giving out interviews recently or will be soon. Don't get too worried!

When were all of your materials in to Case? They do things very quickly. I think they started giving out interviews in like July maybe, so if your app wasn't in early, it doesn't mean you aren't a good candidate, but I'm pretty sure by now their interviews for the year are all filled up or almost filled up. It's unfortunate, but I guess that's kinda how the rolling admissions process works.
Each school starts looking at things at different times. Case is probably one of the earliest, and I know some schools just started giving out interviews recently or will be soon. Don't get too worried!

Thank you so much to say that. I e-submitted on early May, but one transcript was not sent up untill July. I hadn't checked it because I was out of country and working on DAT...It's was my fault tho...Anyway, thank you for your kindness.