Rejected from Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does anyone know of anyone who has been rejected from optometry school? I feel like all I hear from this forum are people who are never offered an interview, are accepted, or waitlisted. I was just curious to see if optometry schools actually reject people after they have their interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't hear about it often but I've talked to a couple of people on here that were rejected after their interview. Not sure if you dont hear about it because it not common or if people just dont talk about it.

Does anyone know of anyone who has been rejected from optometry school? I feel like all I hear from this forum are people who are never offered an interview, are accepted, or waitlisted. I was just curious to see if optometry schools actually reject people after they have their interview.

Yes, people get rejected after their interview.

Yes, it's not fun to think about but people do get rejected. Thank goodness it doesn't happen too often.

I've heard about this happening in other professions as well. From what I can tell, it seems like they might have appeared great on paper (grades, OAT scores, etc.) which landed them the interview, but the interview didn't go well. Not because of nerves or anything like that, but the person just wasn't able to gain the trust of the interviewer.

But like I said, it seems very rare. I think as long as you can hold a fair conversation, be pleasant in personality and tone, you do fine.

Reactions: 1 user