Rejected from USUHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

indigoblue

I'm wondering if USUHS has sent out any rejections yet, particularly for the interview groups on or after 10/13... i know they have started sending out acceptances as of last week, but as i have not heard anything yet, i am losing hope.

i know it's tough saying you got rejected, but to shed some light on what's happening, please post or pm me...

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

indigoblue said:
I'm wondering if USUHS has sent out any rejections yet, particularly for the interview groups on or after 10/13... i know they have started sending out acceptances as of last week, but as i have not heard anything yet, i am losing hope.

i know it's tough saying you got rejected, but to shed some light on what's happening, please post or pm me...

thanks

Keep your hopes up, no news could be good news. You did get an interview so that's a plus. Which service are you trying for? Have you called to try and find out your status? If worried you can always add more to your application, update it, that may help. Also, if you don't have your heart set on one service you could call and tell them that. Oh and if you didn't send thank yous, you could do that and it would be another way to get your name in front of them.

Good luck!

USAFdoc2be said:
Keep your hopes up, no news could be good news. You did get an interview so that's a plus. Which service are you trying for? Have you called to try and find out your status? If worried you can always add more to your application, update it, that may help. Also, if you don't have your heart set on one service you could call and tell them that. Oh and if you didn't send thank yous, you could do that and it would be another way to get your name in front of them.

Good luck!
thanks usafdoc... i talked to michelle and nishieka (spelling?) a few times since interviewing, and they were consistent with saying a decision would be made within 3-6 weeks. Now that 6 weeks has gone by and (as of Monday) no decision has been made on my file, I really don't know what to think. i think what's really hurting my application is having no prior service, since they try to make about 50% of each incoming class prior service members. i have drafted a poignant letter telling them why i want to go to usuhs and some updates, and am planning on calling monday to confirm that sending it wouldn't be too much trouble. at this point, so late in the game, i really don't want to end up being a major annoyance to the admissions committee, so i'm kinda hesitant...

also, i listed the army as my first choice. funny thing though, is that the army has the most slots, and from what i've heard, is the last service to be filled. so people have told me "should be no problem, you'll get in"... looks like that hasn't been happening. but yeah, i'm actually not too concerned with which service i get, and i included that in my draft letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
indigoblue said:
thanks usafdoc... i talked to michelle and nishieka (spelling?) a few times since interviewing, and they were consistent with saying a decision would be made within 3-6 weeks. Now that 6 weeks has gone by and (as of Monday) no decision has been made on my file, I really don't know what to think. i think what's really hurting my application is having no prior service, since they try to make about 50% of each incoming class prior service members. i have drafted a poignant letter telling them why i want to go to usuhs and some updates, and am planning on calling monday to confirm that sending it wouldn't be too much trouble. at this point, so late in the game, i really don't want to end up being a major annoyance to the admissions committee, so i'm kinda hesitant...

also, i listed the army as my first choice. funny thing though, is that the army has the most slots, and from what i've heard, is the last service to be filled. so people have told me "should be no problem, you'll get in"... looks like that hasn't been happening. but yeah, i'm actually not too concerned with which service i get, and i included that in my draft letter.

It isn't a choice between "in" and "rejected" just yet. They might choose to waitlist you, which is still pretty good news, since I have the sense that there is a good deal of waitlist movement. Some people who haven't really decided to commit to the military will decide against it after consideration. Others won't pass the physical qualification screen. Both of those factors should make the waitlist move!

If I remember right, about 60% of interviewees are eventually accepted. I wish you luck, hopefully we can have a class with all of us in the thread so far!

MoosePilot said:
If I remember right, about 60% of interviewees are eventually accepted. I wish you luck, hopefully we can have a class with all of us in the thread so far!

Looks like you may be counting me in as well...!

Indigo, I left you a comment on MDapps sometime ago --> I seriously hope everything works out for you. As moose said, if it's a waitlist under Army then surely it'll move fast. Good luck!