Rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

How did y'all cope with rejection from pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

Were you invited to interview and were rejected or were you not invited anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
That stinks man :/. Are you going to apply anywhere else?

Denied from one school without interview
I was too but I am still being positive. There are over 100 pharmacy schools that you can apply to. Just keep applying and I'm sure something will come your way. I wouldn't stress too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes ofcourse I will. It's still December, not March. Why would I give up when my goal is to get that pharmD?
Idk why would you only apply to one school and then make a post saying that you were rejected from pharmacy school.

Reactions: 2 users
What school did you apply to? And where else do you plan on applying to now?

How did y'all cope with rejection from pharmacy school?
ONly applying to one school is a receipe for failure. It's a numbers game. You need to be applying to 20-40 schools. Yes this will cost a few thousand dollars in pharmCAS but in necessary if you have low stats. Pharmacy schools are hurting really bad right now for new students and have significantly lowered their admission standards from a few years ago.

Idk why would you only apply to one school and then make a post saying that you were rejected from pharmacy school.

Oh my gosh people
this post was geared towards people who have advice on what they did when they got rejected from a pharmacy school. For example, did you call the school and ask them how to improve or did you apply to more schools? If so, how did you go about it etc? Did you eventually get in?

I was too but I am still being positive. There are over 100 pharmacy schools that you can apply to. Just keep applying and I'm sure something will come your way. I wouldn't stress too much.

Thank you for sharing that and actually understanding my question

To hear success stories? To get some motivatational speeches?

Well, I'm going interviewing tomorrow at University of Tennessee pharmacy school. Any advice from those who have interviewed in the past? I'm not for sure what to expect. I know 300 on average are invited to interview with the class size being 180.

Thank you for sharing that and actually understanding my question
Apply to more schools it is not too late. Also, if your PCAT is low try to apply to schools that don't require PCAT. I know people got accepted with low GPA and PCAT scores but they had a bachelor though. Do you have a bachelor degree? This might helps as well. Good luck!

Apply to more schools it is not too late. Also, if your PCAT is low try to apply to schools that don't require PCAT. I know people got accepted with low GPA and PCAT scores but they had a bachelor though. Do you have a bachelor degree? This might helps as well. Good luck!

I have a low science gpa but a high pcat and bachelors.

Sorry to hear manan982 hope it goes better next time around! Out of curiosity what is your GPA and PCAT? Which school did you apply to?

You should definitely call the schools and see how you can be a more competitive applicant. That way, in the event that you reapply to the same school, you can explicitly tell them that you did this and that per the recommendation by the school. It shows that you're dedicated to the school and that you're really interested in applying.

Oh my gosh people
this post was geared towards people who have advice on what they did when they got rejected from a pharmacy school. For example, did you call the school and ask them how to improve or did you apply to more schools? If so, how did you go about it etc? Did you eventually get in?

Being rejected from 1 school really doesn't mean much, especially if it was a competitive state school. If you have been rejected from multiple schools, then there is a serious problem with your application. Being rejected from one school just means you set your sights to high.