Rejection after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burgess54

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question!

Once you've actually been invited for an interview, is there an honest chance that you can simply be rejected after? If you are well prepared and can answer questions properly and explain any lower grades etc. are you pretty much in?? Just wondering what the thoughts are on a rejection after interview!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

At some schools, even if you answer all their questions, you may still not gain admission. Sometimes you can be either waitlisted or rejected...I really believe it comes down to if they see you as a good fit for their program. For instance, in your mind, you've completed a perfect interview, but for some unknown reason you're waitlisted or rejected...this may sometimes be due to the admission's committee not liking you for any reason.

Hey! thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question!

Once you've actually been invited for an interview, is there an honest chance that you can simply be rejected after? If you are well prepared and can answer questions properly and explain any lower grades etc. are you pretty much in?? Just wondering what the thoughts are on a rejection after interview!!

Thanks!

If you excel at a job interview, are you guaranteed that job?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes you can be rejected. Does the school having rolling admissions? Do you know how many spaces in the school are left? In my case I was competing among eight people for the two positions left. I was rejected, not waitlisted. Apparently the school I applied to only waitlists out of state applicants.

I interviewed just this week at ICO!!! and I read on these forums that the class was full but i got in!!! sooo excited..and I do think it was because of an excellent interview. :D

I interviewed just this week at ICO!!! and I read on these forums that the class was full but i got in!!! sooo excited..and I do think it was because of an excellent interview. :D

I was suppose to interview at ico this past week but i turned it down. I'm glad someone who wanted it got it! Congrats!

try not to get your hopes up just because you were granted an interview. some schools still look at grades and OAT scores after your interview. i drove 10 hrs to memphis last year to interview at SCO, and after 4 mos of waiting on a decision, they finally rejected me because they wanted me to raise one category of my OAT 10 pts. the worse part is at the interview they acted like my scores were fine.

I think that is the point of interviews...all students interviewing can't possibly be accepted...so u slash the number of students down. Best way to handle the aftermath of interviews is to prepare for the worst outcome. That way a good outcome puts you on top and a bad one leaves you same.

I interviewed at ICO on the last day April 27 (just three of us that day), told that the class was full by my interviewer, told very little to no spot left by the dean, and so came back to Canada telling myself that I had at the least spent my money visiting Chicago, and would apply earlier for next year. Found out I made it in today:D:D:D:D:D. Great post interview prep by me I would say!