Rejection and then... waitlist??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiiniix2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else was rejected after their interview :( and then got put on the waitlist later on...

Members don't see this ad.

Haha man thats like the ultimate way to play with someone's emotions.

Wow !!!! What school is doing that for you? Talk about messing with you emotions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maryland... I got over being depressed for a week and then a month later I get the email. I was surprised. Now it's more waiting and hopefully not another rejection lol.

Maryland... I got over being depressed for a week and then a month later I get the email. I was surprised. Now it's more waiting and hopefully not another rejection lol.

Are you a Maryland resident? Will they take Maryland residents over nonresidents because they are a public school?

Yep, Maryland residence here. I don't know about the resident over non-resident thing though.

Yep, Maryland residence here. I don't know about the resident over non-resident thing though.

Sorry to ask more questions, but I have friend who was rejected and I told him about your post, so he was hoping the same can happen to him since he has not been accepted to a pharmacy school yet.
What are your stat if you don't mind me asking. And also, I heard MD accepts a lot of students from UMCP and UMBC (my friend attends UMBC and is a MD resident), is this true? Sorry I'm not familiar with the UM because I'm not from the area.
thanks.

I'm from UMBC too =) I did hear once that MD tends to accept ppl from UMCP and UMBC because they know how the science programs are like but I'm not sure.

I don't remember my stats exactly because they're not that great but its something like 2.71 gpa, 88 percentile pcat, 3 jobs (1 at a pharmacy)

I'm from UMBC too =) I did hear once that MD tends to accept ppl from UMCP and UMBC because they know how the science programs are like but I'm not sure.

I don't remember my stats exactly because they're not that great but its something like 2.71 gpa, 88 percentile pcat, 3 jobs (1 at a pharmacy)

Thanks for the info!
Good luck with Maryland. Do you have any back up schools if you don't get accepted to Maryland?
My friend still hasn't heard anything. Do you think it's because he doesn't have actual pharmacy experience (he only did some research)? And also, he doesn't have a degree yet. Are you a degree holder?

I basically got rejected everywhere else, so this is my last chance this time around... I don't have my degree yet but I'm basically done with my major. I'm just sticking around to retake classes in case I don't get in. I heard people got in without pharmacy experience. But your friend isn't the only one, I have a friend who also heard nothing from Maryland yet. Hopefully he'll hear something soon, tell him good luck!!