Rejection hurts!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlmostAPharmD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have interviewed for several jobs and have gotten 2 rejections from my top 2 choices. 🙁 I didn't think rejection would hurt so bad, but it does. How many of you had first jobs that weren't your top picks??? I'm sad. 🙁
 
I have interviewed for several jobs and have gotten 2 rejections from my top 2 choices. 🙁 I didn't think rejection would hurt so bad, but it does. How many of you had first jobs that weren't your top picks??? I'm sad. 🙁

My first job wasn't my first pick, the residency I matched to wasn't my first choice...and it all turned out okay.

You'll have to be flexible initially. Your first job doesn't have to be your last. Learn what you can and work hard to get good references from your managers. This way you'll have experience/references when the right job does open up. I don't see myself at my current job forever, but it is providing me with a lot of areas to build my skills and get involved.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have interviewed for several jobs and have gotten 2 rejections from my top 2 choices. 🙁 I didn't think rejection would hurt so bad, but it does. How many of you had first jobs that weren't your top picks??? I'm sad. 🙁

welcome to life. you will face countless rejections throughout your life. how you deal with them is up to you though.