Rejection Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mterres

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else already get rejected from NOVA? I got the letter today in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear it seems that people are getting now. Hope you get into one of your other choices. What are your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry to hear that.. I hope you get into one of your other choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear it seems that people are getting now. Hope you get into one of your other choices. What are your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I applied early this cycle with a 19AA 20TS 20 PAT. My TMDSAS/ADEA OGPA is a 3.4 and my SGPA is a 3.3. At first, I thought I had a decent chance, but I had no idea one semester abroad would wreck my GPA. Without my study abroad GPA calculated in I would have a 3.72 OGPA and 3.65 SGPA. I'm just hoping I can land some interviews so I can explain my low study abroad grades. I applied to a total of 25 schools so hopefully I can get into one haha

Reactions: 1 users
I applied early this cycle with a 19AA 20TS 20 PAT. My TMDSAS/ADEA OGPA is a 3.4 and my SGPA is a 3.3. At first, I thought I had a decent chance, but I had no idea one semester abroad would wreck my GPA. Without my study abroad GPA calculated in I would have a 3.72 OGPA and 3.65 SGPA. I'm just hoping I can land some interviews so I can explain my low study abroad grades. I applied to a total of 25 schools so hopefully I can get into one haha

danggg that's a lot of schools and that sucks that happened to you, but you will definitely get into one!

I have very similar stats...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It is unlikely that your "study abroad" is the root of all evil. Adcoms have probably heard all the excuses and some.

danggg that's a lot of schools and that sucks that happened to you, but you will definitely get into one!

Thank you! I hope this cycle treats us both well!

Reactions: 1 user
It is unlikely that your "study abroad" is the root of all evil. Adcoms have probably heard all the excuses and some.

Well it is. This is my univeristy GPA without the study abroad grades calculated in. I have 30 A's and 12 B's on my trnscript. I got 4 C's and 1F for my study abroad grades.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.41 AM.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 65
Well it is. This is my univeristy GPA without the study abroad grades calculated in. I have 30 A's and 12 B's on my trnscript. I got 4 C's and 1F for my study abroad grades.
I've never done study abroad so I'm not familiar with much about it. Why were your grades so low?

I've never done study abroad so I'm not familiar with much about it. Why were your grades so low?

I know in China and Korea class averages are in the 50s for some places. In Canada the class averages can easily be in the 60s.

I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia. It's a beautiful city. Before I left, my study abroad advisor told me my grades would not affect my GPA so being an immature 21 year old at the time I spent my time traveling Australia and put minimal effort into my classes. Unfortunately, I had to take all science classes abroad since there was only a handful of classes both my university and university in Australia approved of.