• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Rejection Letter

About the Ads

Mterres

5+ Year Member
May 17, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
    Sorry to hear it seems that people are getting now. Hope you get into one of your other choices. What are your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I applied early this cycle with a 19AA 20TS 20 PAT. My TMDSAS/ADEA OGPA is a 3.4 and my SGPA is a 3.3. At first, I thought I had a decent chance, but I had no idea one semester abroad would wreck my GPA. Without my study abroad GPA calculated in I would have a 3.72 OGPA and 3.65 SGPA. I'm just hoping I can land some interviews so I can explain my low study abroad grades. I applied to a total of 25 schools so hopefully I can get into one haha

Reactions: 1 users
    D

deleted836285

I applied early this cycle with a 19AA 20TS 20 PAT. My TMDSAS/ADEA OGPA is a 3.4 and my SGPA is a 3.3. At first, I thought I had a decent chance, but I had no idea one semester abroad would wreck my GPA. Without my study abroad GPA calculated in I would have a 3.72 OGPA and 3.65 SGPA. I'm just hoping I can land some interviews so I can explain my low study abroad grades. I applied to a total of 25 schools so hopefully I can get into one haha

danggg that's a lot of schools and that sucks that happened to you, but you will definitely get into one!

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
      Jan 17, 2006
      1. Dentist
        It is unlikely that your "study abroad" is the root of all evil. Adcoms have probably heard all the excuses and some.

Mterres

5+ Year Member
        May 17, 2016
        1. Pre-Dental
          It is unlikely that your "study abroad" is the root of all evil. Adcoms have probably heard all the excuses and some.

Well it is. This is my univeristy GPA without the study abroad grades calculated in. I have 30 A's and 12 B's on my trnscript. I got 4 C's and 1F for my study abroad grades.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.41 AM.png
            Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.41 AM.png
            23.8 KB · Views: 38

Mterres

5+ Year Member
          May 17, 2016
          1. Pre-Dental
            I've never done study abroad so I'm not familiar with much about it. Why were your grades so low?

I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia. It's a beautiful city. Before I left, my study abroad advisor told me my grades would not affect my GPA so being an immature 21 year old at the time I spent my time traveling Australia and put minimal effort into my classes. Unfortunately, I had to take all science classes abroad since there was only a handful of classes both my university and university in Australia approved of.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.