Rejection Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phatmomma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do some schools not bother even sending a rejection letter? I am still waiting for official rejections from Northwestern and Univ of MN, both of which confirmed receipt of my applications back in October and December, respectively. MN told me I would get a response within 30 days. NW I know has already made its offers of acceptance and waitlisted people way back when. So why won't they just send me my rejection letters? I took the time to fill out their applications and supplemental applications, as well as spent my $ to apply to their schools, I figure the least they can do is send me a letter or even an email. Do some schools not respond at all?

P.S. I don't really need an answer, as I got into my first choice school. It's just the principle of it all!

Members don't see this ad.

take their sweet old time sometimes.

i applied end of january, and by V day I had either a notice of erciept, a rejection, or both from every school but Pitt. They emailed me my rejection letter March 17th.

you'll probably have to contact them, or they may never send anything

I heard back from the U of Minn with in 4 weeks and I turned my application in pretty late (December). They told me by the time I sent my application in that they had all the seats filled, but they put me on the alternate list with 30 other people. I'm surprized you haven't heard back from them...maybe there's a mix up. Maybe your on the acceptance list....and maybe you can turn it down and I'll take your place! Joking. Good luck. U of Minn wasn't my first choice anyways.

P.S. I don't really need an answer, as I got into my first choice school. It's just the principle of it all!

Same thing is happening to me. I got into my top choice, so i completely forgot about all the other schools i applied to. Then i just got a letter the other day putting me on the waitlist for another school and remembered, i still have 2 that have never followed up w/ me beyond the notification that they received it. I'm w/ you, i don't care at this point, but it is weird...