Rejection Notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperTank

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have yet to hear back from a few schools regarding an interview, although I've had 'application complete' messages from all of them for over 3 months. I was wondering if anyone has received a rejection pre/pot interview from the following schools:

UCLA
USC
OHSU
Michigan
Louisville
Creighton

Just curious how they notify you. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,

Last year michigan rejected me very quickly (like september) after getting everything in in late June. You must still be in the running there.

Also, I got waitlisted at Creighton last year, but they don't contact you very much before that happens. I didn't get officially waitlisted till March or so last year. Diane is very helpful with questions about everything.

As for Louisville, last year I asked every month or so what was going on after not hearing anything, and they kept saying they were reviewing applications to see if they needed more interviews. I think they finally rejected me in mid february because the class was full. They are also very nice though, so don't hesitate to contact them.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied late in the cycle (late sept) but i called michigan yesterday and they said that they have 400 applications to process before mine. when i called in early november, they said 200 before mine, so i'm not sure how accurate their estimates are, but regardless they sound pretty swamped.

i applied late in the cycle (late sept) but i called michigan yesterday and they said that they have 400 applications to process before mine. when i called in early november, they said 200 before mine, so i'm not sure how accurate their estimates are, but regardless they sound pretty swamped.

Yeah, I think Michigan is running pretty far behind as well. I sent in my apps in late July and finally called Michigan in late October to see what was going on, and they hadn't even opened the box that my app was sent in. I had already been to an interview at that point... we will see.

Yeah, I think Michigan is running pretty far behind as well. I sent in my apps in late July and finally called Michigan in late October to see what was going on, and they hadn't even opened the box that my app was sent in. I had already been to an interview at that point... we will see.

How come they didn't get to your application in october?? My application was mailed mid august and I received an email from them saying my application is complete, but after that I heard nothing!! Anyone has any idea how long Michigan takes to contact/call for interview after sending the application complete email??
Thanks!!

you're lucky! i applied in July and sent my DAT on sept. I just got an email yesterday saying there were "1000" people ahead of me...

you're lucky! i applied in July and sent my DAT on sept. I just got an email yesterday saying there were "1000" people ahead of me...

I've never been told how many people there are ahead of me... I wonder why they are moving so, um, meticulously?

University of Michigan sent me an interview yesterday. My application was complete there in early August. Yea, i think i got the interview post-decem because i am not in their top applicants.
So if you have a good stat and extra curricular, you will hear from them

I also applied mid July, took DAT in Sept and had an interview in Nov. I really hope I get in.

\ Anyone has any idea how long Michigan takes to contact/call for interview after sending the application complete email??
Thanks!!

My aadsas was submitted Aug. 10th and I got an app complete email from the Oct. 16th. I called on Friday and was told that my application has not been reviewed yet, but it is in the next group of 50 to be reviewed and she thought is should be looked at in the next week or two!

My aadsas was submitted Aug. 10th and I got an app complete email from the Oct. 16th. I called on Friday and was told that my application has not been reviewed yet, but it is in the next group of 50 to be reviewed and she thought is should be looked at in the next week or two!
I must be in that batch as well, both my dates are just before yours.