Rejections, Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

andi_cvr

Ok, maybe I'm just weird, but it's really starting to annoy me that I haven't gotten any rejections from osteopathic schools yet. I applied to 8 DO schools, interviewed at 3, and got nothing from 5. So where are my rejection letters? I would really like to know if it's all over.

Members don't see this ad.

andi_cvr said:
Ok, maybe I'm just weird, but it's really starting to annoy me that I haven't gotten any rejections from osteopathic schools yet. I applied to 8 DO schools, interviewed at 3, and got nothing from 5. So where are my rejection letters? I would really like to know if it's all over.

When were your applications complete at the schools, and when were your interviews? Have you called the schools to ask the status of your applications? Also, for the schools you haven't heard anything from, make sure they aren't missing something from you.

Didn't the DO schools where you interviewed tell you when you'd hear back?

Personally I find it extremely unprofessional and disrespectful that the vast majority of schools that have rejected me during my applications did not inform me of there committee decision within the time they said they would...usually it was more than twice that time.

I would call the schools were you interviewed and ask if you wheren't wait-listed. If you were waitlisted, there will be a big shuffle on May 15th because that's the can-only-hold-one-spot day.

I'll cross my fingers for you!

-s

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard from the three schools I interviewed at, two acceptances and an alternate list. I was complete at schools that don't require a DO letter back in November. The DO I shadowed waited four months to send LOR's though, so I'm sure that had some effect on the others. Is anyone even still getting interviews? I would just assume rejection, but my roommate who was complete much later than I was has already received rejections from some of the same schools I am waiting to hear from. I guess it's really not that important. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. Maybe I will get a stack of rejections all on the same day. Then I guess I will have a party. :laugh:

andi_cvr said:

I can understand your frusteration on being left out in the dark. Give it a little more time. I've gotten one rejection so far.

Don't loose hope, if you had three interviews, I would imagine that you will get into at least one of the programs.

Best of wishes :)
C&C

andi_cvr said:
Maybe I will get a stack of rejections all on the same day. Then I guess I will have a party. :laugh:

Bonfire time. :)

I still heard nothing from PCOM and Touro-MI after I handed in my Part II's in the first week of January

I can empathize with you! I have an acceptance at a school that I absolutely love, so I shouldn't really bitch, but I do think it is unprofessional (especially since we freaking pay them to look at our apps)!!! I understand that they have thousands of apps to drudge through, but if the school is done interviewing or only interviewing for waitlists, then everyone else should be sent a rejection letter at that time. It's kind of funny though because one of the schools that I have not heard a peep from...the same thing happened to the D.O. that I shadowed....they took his money and he never heard from them again (so I lost respect for that school anyways...lol). I figure that I do not want to attend a school that does not have the courtesy to honor their deadlines....if they can't make the promised deadline, then why do they even make them. Sorry to vent :) but this thread I could really relate to!

Well I have them all. Acceptances and rejections. Waitlists and alternates. All laid out in 2 rows. MDs and DOs. For me the stress is over.......and I would not wish this stress, this jumping hoops for past 4 years (undergraduate years) on anyone. So, why did we all let the system do this to us?