doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Do DO schools reject a large number of applicants? Does anyone have the numbers of all applicants/all matriculated for DO schools.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
no, they don't reject anyone. they're so grateful to have MD rejects applying that they'll accept anyone who is breathing, regardless of MCAT or GPA.

About the Ads

HoudyK

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
generally I believe 3,000+ apply, and depending on the school, they accept anywhere from 2-500, so yes, a lot of people do get rejected. Hopefully this helps but that was quite an ignorant question. Don't all Medical school reject a lot of applicants?

bigmuny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2003
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
Do DO schools reject a large number of applicants? Does anyone have the numbers of all applicants/all matriculated for DO schools.

Doctorcynical,
Go to the AACOM website, it will give you all the stats.

The Rest of You,
It saddens me when DO students act defensive and nasty when people ask questions about our schools and profession. First, it shows that you have an inferiority complex(a chump complex where I come from). Second, it is a poor way to introduce somebody who obviously knows lttle about us to our profession. Grow up and get used to the fact that you will have to on occasion explain your education to others, and do it with a smile and without an attitude.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by bigmuny
Doctorcynical,
Go to the AACOM website, it will give you all the stats.

The Rest of You,
It saddens me when DO students act defensive and nasty when people ask questions about our schools and profession. First, it shows that you have an inferiority complex(a chump complex where I come from). Second, it is a poor way to introduce somebody who obviously knows lttle about us to our profession. Grow up and get used to the fact that you will have to on occasion explain your education to others, and do it with a smile and without an attitude.

We were responding to a known troll, not someone inquiring about osteopathic medicine.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
bigmuny: Look at this other guy's posts. I would normally never say this to someone who wishes to know information but his purpose is not for information but rather to rile people.

drlexygoat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2003
under the boardwalk, down by the sea
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Dr Mom, you are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for putting a stop to this terd's bag of tricks. Thank god he's not fooling you.

Everyone else... beware of the pretentious, self-righteous, egotistical jerk.

bigmuny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2003
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
I did not know. Please resume your attacks. Try to be understanding though, it appears tthat he hails from fresno. Believe me, if you were from fresno(armpit of the world) you would be angry as well. The correct spelling of "terd" is turd.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by bigmuny
I did not know. Please resume your attacks. Try to be understanding though, it appears tthat he hails from fresno. Believe me, if you were from fresno(armpit of the world) you would be angry as well. The correct spelling of "terd" is turd.

btw: he's not posting from anywhere near Fresno, either ;)

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
I see Dr. C has finally reached the pre-DO forum. I guess pre-MD got to boring for him. :)

stomper627

Go Cougs!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 22, 2003
Lyndhurst, NJ
Status (Visible)
awh, comon guys....we really need to help cynical out....I mean he only has 1 day left to reach his goal of 1000 posts in 1 month. And its the shortest month of the year (granted it is a leap year). Keep him posting. He obviously has no other reason to live.
stomper

Buck Strong

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2003
State of Bliss
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by DrMom
no, they don't reject anyone. they're so grateful to have MD rejects applying that they'll accept anyone who is breathing, regardless of MCAT or GPA.

Breathing??? WTF??? They never mentioned anything about breathing in their brochures...Damn. Oh well, Granada, here I come, I'm not letting any hostage takin, insurgent rebel mofo's get in the way of my medical education.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.