Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do DO schools reject a large number of applicants? Does anyone have the numbers of all applicants/all matriculated for DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

no, they don't reject anyone. they're so grateful to have MD rejects applying that they'll accept anyone who is breathing, regardless of MCAT or GPA.

:laugh:
Do DO schools reject a large number of applicants?
Sorry, but what a DUMB question......:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
generally I believe 3,000+ apply, and depending on the school, they accept anywhere from 2-500, so yes, a lot of people do get rejected. Hopefully this helps but that was quite an ignorant question. Don't all Medical school reject a lot of applicants?

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Do DO schools reject a large number of applicants? Does anyone have the numbers of all applicants/all matriculated for DO schools.

Doctorcynical,
Go to the AACOM website, it will give you all the stats.

The Rest of You,
It saddens me when DO students act defensive and nasty when people ask questions about our schools and profession. First, it shows that you have an inferiority complex(a chump complex where I come from). Second, it is a poor way to introduce somebody who obviously knows lttle about us to our profession. Grow up and get used to the fact that you will have to on occasion explain your education to others, and do it with a smile and without an attitude.

Originally posted by bigmuny
Doctorcynical,
Go to the AACOM website, it will give you all the stats.

The Rest of You,
It saddens me when DO students act defensive and nasty when people ask questions about our schools and profession. First, it shows that you have an inferiority complex(a chump complex where I come from). Second, it is a poor way to introduce somebody who obviously knows lttle about us to our profession. Grow up and get used to the fact that you will have to on occasion explain your education to others, and do it with a smile and without an attitude.

We were responding to a known troll, not someone inquiring about osteopathic medicine.

bigmuny: Look at this other guy's posts. I would normally never say this to someone who wishes to know information but his purpose is not for information but rather to rile people.

Dr Mom, you are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for putting a stop to this terd's bag of tricks. Thank god he's not fooling you.

Everyone else... beware of the pretentious, self-righteous, egotistical jerk.

I did not know. Please resume your attacks. Try to be understanding though, it appears tthat he hails from fresno. Believe me, if you were from fresno(armpit of the world) you would be angry as well. The correct spelling of "terd" is turd.

Originally posted by bigmuny
I did not know. Please resume your attacks. Try to be understanding though, it appears tthat he hails from fresno. Believe me, if you were from fresno(armpit of the world) you would be angry as well. The correct spelling of "terd" is turd.

btw: he's not posting from anywhere near Fresno, either ;)

I see Dr. C has finally reached the pre-DO forum. I guess pre-MD got to boring for him. :)

awh, comon guys....we really need to help cynical out....I mean he only has 1 day left to reach his goal of 1000 posts in 1 month. And its the shortest month of the year (granted it is a leap year). Keep him posting. He obviously has no other reason to live.
stomper

Originally posted by DrMom
no, they don't reject anyone. they're so grateful to have MD rejects applying that they'll accept anyone who is breathing, regardless of MCAT or GPA.

Breathing??? WTF??? They never mentioned anything about breathing in their brochures...Damn. Oh well, Granada, here I come, I'm not letting any hostage takin, insurgent rebel mofo's get in the way of my medical education.