JimiHendrix630

JimiHendrix630
Oct 27, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Everyone seems stressed, so I figured we could talk about something non-DEC 1st related. What you doing for your last college Spring Break?!

Me- 7 day cruise with some friends...sure to be nuts!

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Everyone seems stressed, so I figured we could talk about something non-DEC 1st related. What you doing for your last college Spring Break?!

Me- 7 day cruise with some friends...sure to be nuts!
I studied for my DAT. haha. But for this year, hopefully it should be more eventful.

redchesus

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status
Dentist
last Spring break I visited a friend in NYC, and it was supposed to be right after my DAT

instead they rescheduled my test to AFTER Spring break, so it was in the back of my head the whole time I was vacationing... not cool...

Jun 3, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Vegas baby!! Our plan is to top the hangover...minus the getting arrested and the yanking of lateral incisors!

Jul 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Mardi Gras!!! Then trip to Miami at a friend's beach house!

minoh87

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
cruise to mexico with teh discount price with the recent carivnal debacle? askin for a discount price for quality tine yreeeee

MrBeans

MrBeans
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I'll be working during "spring break"!!!

:hungover:

hopefulDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
cruise to mexico with teh discount price with the recent carivnal debacle? askin for a discount price for quality tine yreeeee

wait! what happened with carnival? how much cheaper were you able to get your tickets?? i wanna go on a cruise i don't have anything planned yet...but i hope i'm deserving of a spring break. post-dec 1st - please bring nothing but good news!

minoh87

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
wait! what happened with carnival? how much cheaper were you able to get your tickets?? i wanna go on a cruise i don't have anything planned yet...but i hope i'm deserving of a spring break. post-dec 1st - please bring nothing but good news!

idk i havent booked it yet. but last spring break i was on like a 5 day cruise to ensenada and that was only 340 or something.. and i booked it like a week before so im sure u can get some cheap deals

carnival just F'd up on their cruise. their ships engine blew out so the boat had to be towed back to us. the ship had no power and people were given poptarts and spam for couple days haha. disaster

sobe55

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2007
going to my hometown which is a lot of fun and Ill save $$ for a bigger and better trip over the summer!!
(thinking asia because Ive already traveled throughout europe, s. am, and usa)

ok...back to writing my research papers. procrastination is a bad habit I need to get rid of before dent school :/

hopefulDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
idk i havent booked it yet. but last spring break i was on like a 5 day cruise to ensenada and that was only 340 or something.. and i booked it like a week before so im sure u can get some cheap deals

carnival just F'd up on their cruise. their ships engine blew out so the boat had to be towed back to us. the ship had no power and people were given poptarts and spam for couple days haha. disaster
oh yes! i remember that! that was recently...i remember seeing it/reading it. that is a disaster, but that means cheaper prices for the next few months! :thumbup: hopefully it doesnt' happen on your cruise!

maybe i'll even see you on board, captain! ;)

sobe55

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2007
I'm going to be backpacking in Asia next summer for a coupla months! *high five*
*high five* niiice!
Have you ever been before? any tips for the cheapest way to get over there? Best places to visit? (those 1k+ flights are breaking our banks!) But im guessing it will be cheap once we're over there. My friend and I are thinking India and then going from there...

redchesus

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status
Dentist
*high five* niiice!
Have you ever been before? any tips for the cheapest way to get over there? Best places to visit? (those 1k+ flights are breaking our banks!) But im guessing it will be cheap once we're over there. My friend and I are thinking India and then going from there...
SE Asia seems pretty popular nowadays, and is still cheap compared to Japan or China. I'm going to be in Vietnam for like a month and then hop over to Thailand via Cambodia (Angkor Wat?!). I don't like going from big cities to big cities, which sorta happened when I did this in Europe b/c I was strapped for time. I prefer taking the train and stopping at random little towns, so having at least a few months time is good.

I bet India is super nice too though, I wish I had time to make it over there. But it's such a big country it deserves its own trip.