Release step 2 CK score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rrad_99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some programs do require Step 2 to interview or for ranking but honestly that's a good score and I would submit it. Can't speak for the PD's out there but if you think about it logically a 244 with no step 2 might very well lose out to someone with even a 220 or 230 on CK. By not releasing it it might look like your step 1 is a fluke. If you have an otherwise outstanding app, are AOA, etc than of course it wouldn't matter as much. If you are an average applicant I would submit.

Cheers!

Some programs do require Step 2 to interview or for ranking but honestly that's a good score and I would submit it. Can't speak for the PD's out there but if you think about it logically a 244 with no step 2 might very well lose out to someone with even a 220 or 230 on CK. By not releasing it it might look like your step 1 is a fluke. If you have an otherwise outstanding app, are AOA, etc than of course it wouldn't matter as much. If you are an average applicant I would submit.

Cheers!

Was told by my med school rad PD not to -- that people pretty much don't care about it UNLESS you struggled with Step 1, and if they do care they will ask you for it.

If you have a strong Step 1, it doesn't help to release your Step 2 score and it may actually hurt, if you have a weak Step 1 then you should release it.

This is assuming you take Step 2 after the application cycle has begun, which I assume is the case for most people.