Released exams vs. real NBDE I exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pretty comparable in that the subject material doesn't really change, even if you're looking at exams 10-15 years ago. The questions may change, but the core material is the same. And, sometimes the questions don't even change!
 
What about the questions from the dental decks? I read somewhere that the decks are simply a compilation of old test questions, but it's hard to believe. The questions seem so simple.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, they are old questions!! When I was taking practice tests, I thought hmm.... I have seen this before. Sure enough, it was a deck question. Not all, but some!
 
Trookie said:
What about the questions from the dental decks? I read somewhere that the decks are simply a compilation of old test questions, but it's hard to believe. The questions seem so simple.


The majority of the decks info (from my experience) seemed to come from the old test questions. Some of the questions are worded nearly identical. The is based on the 2004 decks. I don't know about the newest ones.
 
Trookie said:
What about the questions from the dental decks? I read somewhere that the decks are simply a compilation of old test questions, but it's hard to believe. The questions seem so simple.
Where else would the questions come from? The dental decks are written by 2 dentists out west who take the time every 2-3 years to sift through the latest released exams.

How else do you people think that the decks get their info? It's not like the ADA sells info to certain privilaged people.
 
No need to be condescending, if that was your intention. Surely you must remember what it's like to be apprehensive about such an important exam. Thank you for your responses, nonetheless. Sorry to the OP for thread jacking. 🙂
 
How did your exams scores compare between the released exams and your real exam? Also please say if you took the computer or paper exam.

thanks