Released Items for Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done some of the released items? How close are those questions to the real USMLE thAlat people have taken this year or last year?

Also, I just took my first qbank exam of 50 questions. I suck big time... i got a 50% i feel like $hit...some of those questions blew me away... Does anyone know how long does it take to see improvements??

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by GiJoe
Has anyone done some of the released items? How close are those questions to the real USMLE thAlat people have taken this year or last year?

Also, I just took my first qbank exam of 50 questions. I suck big time... i got a 50% i feel like $hit...some of those questions blew me away... Does anyone know how long does it take to see improvements??

You should try out the released items, since you'll probably feel better afterwards. I was sucking it on Q-book tests, but got an 84 on my first block of released questions (the newest ones). The thing that blew me away the most was the lack of detail in these questions. They are largely about general principles and favor thinking as opposed to a ton of rote regurg.

I've heard from many students, though, that they are easier than the real deal. Page 14 of First Aid 2004 says basically the same thing: "Most students felt that the questions on the actual 2003 exam were more challenging than those contained in these questions."