Releasing Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggydoc

Growing a Heart
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, what is the general guideline to release acceptances at schools that you don't want to go to? Do you just tell the schools and that is it? Because if we don't indicate it somewhere how do they know we are not holding multiple acceptances come may 15th? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So, what is the general guideline to release acceptances at schools that you don't want to go to? Do you just tell the schools and that is it? Because if we don't indicate it somewhere how do they know we are not holding multiple acceptances come may 15th? Thanks.

If the school does not send you a form for indicating whether you accept, tentatively accept, or turn down an acceptance, then it seems best to contact them directly and briefly. I e-mailed all the schools that hadn't rejected me, and if I didn't get confirmation that they received my message via e-mail, letter, or their website, then I mailed them a very brief letter with my signature on it (as some med schools require a signature to remove an application from consideration).