Religious Exemption

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyway, my point was that individuals such as mquinif should not necessarily be tolerated "we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument"

I dont disagree with what you are saying though.
I think we’re on the same page here.

Members don't see this ad.

Whining about intolerance of your bigoted ignorance while engaging in an imaginary persecution fetish seems to be the norm for these internet Christian warriors. At least most religious people aren't this horrible.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not sure they’re comparable. Nobody wakes up Christian (ie., it’s a “choice”), but plenty of people wake up heterosexual, homosexual, or transgender. People who say being transgender is mostly a choice are the same ones who thought homosexuality was a choice. The same ones arguing for early therapy for transgender kids (without providing the resources to get it) argued for conversion therapy for homosexuality.
I don't think Christianity, per se, was the only 'nonsense' being criticized, but I see the point you're making. I might even agree with it if even the gender ideologues didn't introduce the concept of 'gender/preference fluidity' to the mix. Kind of goes against the prior 'born that way' messaging.

The narrative changes every 2 hours it seems as pride agenda acronyms and representative flag has to be modified constantly to avoid infighting within LGBTQ+ camps. See some lesbian groups calling out transwomen and the drag communities for appropriation of authentic femininity.

People can be who they are with whom they choose...I don't care. Just don't compel speech for people that are not involved, tho.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not sure they’re comparable. Nobody wakes up Christian (ie., it’s a “choice”), but plenty of people wake up heterosexual, homosexual, or transgender. People who say being transgender is mostly a choice are the same ones who thought homosexuality was a choice. The same ones arguing for early therapy for transgender kids (without providing the resources to get it) argued for conversion therapy for homosexuality.

Looking back to middle school, I definitely had no choice about who gave me a boner. Don’t others have the same or similar experiences of nonchoice? Even today, being gay is not an easy road to take. And being transgender is even harder.

Even in elementary school, I remember classmates both male and female who didn’t fit the typical gender prototypes. Those kids have a right to exist and choose their own path in life.

Reactions: 3 users