Relocating to Chicago next year

Started by Joshdav
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Joshdav

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am relocating to Chicago next year to start fellowship. I have been considering living in the city vs. the suburb because of my family. Any suggestions from anyone familiar with the University of Chicago area will be appreciated. Thanks
 
I am relocating to Chicago next year to start fellowship. I have been considering living in the city vs. the suburb because of my family. Any suggestions from anyone familiar with the University of Chicago area will be appreciated. Thanks

I am from the Chicago area. Hyde Park is a great family friendly area. This is where U of C is located. There are some run down spots but a lot has been rebuilt. A nice college area feel. Lots of places to walk to and many families that share co-op nanny exspenses, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
streeterville is nice too. lots to do. can get to U of C and Northwestern in a jiffy. Rush is a bit of drive. 20 mins. Get parking.