-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Remediation to take WREB
Started by pimpindentist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not to be mean but you are basically screwed. You must get at least 40 hours of remediation time before you can even take the exam again. What makes it even more impossible is that you have to find a school that does remediation. Then when you find a school you must find a faculty member that is willing, and nice enough, to take time out of their schedule to "tutor" you for free on their own time. That is hard enough. Then you have the statistics for 4th time takers at a pass rate of 68% compared to first time test takers at 86%. 5th time test takers have a pass rate at 50%. I think after the 5th time people just give up. You can get the stats at this web link http://www.wreb.org/currentpubs/newsletters/DS_Fall04.pdf
If I were you I would try and take the NERB or some other exam since your chances of passing or even getting that chance to remediate are darn near impossible. Luckily I passed that exam on my third try so I kinda of know the feeling. Boy am I glad I did cuz the thought of remediation sucks. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck.
P.S. Not to make it sound more hopless for you than it already is but they are changing the format in 2008 to include a class 3 option and a treatment planning section. What does that mean for you? Well they are reducing points away from the perio section, which are the easy points, to make up for the addtional treatment planning section. That means an even harder exam and an increase in the failure rate. Just a thought.
If I were you I would try and take the NERB or some other exam since your chances of passing or even getting that chance to remediate are darn near impossible. Luckily I passed that exam on my third try so I kinda of know the feeling. Boy am I glad I did cuz the thought of remediation sucks. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck.
P.S. Not to make it sound more hopless for you than it already is but they are changing the format in 2008 to include a class 3 option and a treatment planning section. What does that mean for you? Well they are reducing points away from the perio section, which are the easy points, to make up for the addtional treatment planning section. That means an even harder exam and an increase in the failure rate. Just a thought.
Not to be mean but you are basically screwed. You must get at least 40 hours of remediation time before you can even take the exam again. What makes it even more impossible is that you have to find a school that does remediation. Then when you find a school you must find a faculty member that is willing, and nice enough, to take time out of their schedule to "tutor" you for free on their own time. That is hard enough. Then you have the statistics for 4th time takers at a pass rate of 68% compared to first time test takers at 86%. 5th time test takers have a pass rate at 50%. I think after the 5th time people just give up. You can get the stats at this web link http://www.wreb.org/currentpubs/newsletters/DS_Fall04.pdf
If I were you I would try and take the NERB or some other exam since your chances of passing or even getting that chance to remediate are darn near impossible. Luckily I passed that exam on my third try so I kinda of know the feeling. Boy am I glad I did cuz the thought of remediation sucks. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck.
P.S. Not to make it sound more hopless for you than it already is but they are changing the format in 2008 to include a class 3 option and a treatment planning section. What does that mean for you? Well they are reducing points away from the perio section, which are the easy points, to make up for the addtional treatment planning section. That means an even harder exam and an increase in the failure rate. Just a thought.
thx for advice. I failed all 3 times w/ less than 3 points each. My last try, i failed b/c i got 0 on perio tx (i had 10 on previous 2 tries) due to laceration to gum. I guess im gonna have to suck it up and go thru remediation.
I thought UCLA has a program. Have you asked wreb people to see what kind of program they accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i just failed WREB for 3rd time and have to remediate before i can take it for fourth time (worst experience i ever had).
can anyone tell me how many hours i have to remediate?
thx
Man, sorry to hear that. It seems like those that fail always fail by a couple of points, never by a large margin.
luckily, Ucla offers remediation program but it is $$$$$$$$$$$
at least i have opportunity to take it one more time
thx for all responds and encouragements
at least i have opportunity to take it one more time
thx for all responds and encouragements
There is a good chance you probably will not pass. Ask ItsGavin. He failed after getting top notch advice from an inside source. Right ItsGavin?
Don't say that he has a good chance of not passing, unless you have a good reason for it. Gavin did not fail because he had top notch advice.
Anyway, the OP has way so much experience himself after taking the exam 3 times himself. So, an advice is like any 02 cents.
There is not a single good reason for your comments, so please don't post thing like that. What's your point? Mentally prepare for him that he will fail again?
Did Mr. Perfect get a perfect score the last time he take the WREB?
thx for thinking that i have good chance of failing
whatever you say, im going to go thru it and try to pass this time. I basically failed b/c i had patient rejection last 2 times (and failed by less than 3 points both times)
its weird b/c i chose bigger lesion for amalgam - and it was rejected but my smaller lesion for composite was accepted.
thx for encouragement tinkerbell
please let me pass this time cuz i just don't have anymore ($ and confidence) to take the test
whatever you say, im going to go thru it and try to pass this time. I basically failed b/c i had patient rejection last 2 times (and failed by less than 3 points both times)
its weird b/c i chose bigger lesion for amalgam - and it was rejected but my smaller lesion for composite was accepted.
thx for encouragement tinkerbell
please let me pass this time cuz i just don't have anymore ($ and confidence) to take the test
its weird b/c i chose bigger lesion for amalgam - and it was rejected but my smaller lesion for composite was accepted.
Was it so large that the a filling wasn't the best restoration for the tooth?
There is a good chance you probably will not pass. Ask ItsGavin. He failed after getting top notch advice from an inside source. Right ItsGavin?
I didn't get any advice that anybody else couldn't have received. Part of me thinks the WREB is randomly graded. This is most likely evidenced by some of my classmates, who I wouldn't let near me with a handpiece, passing without trouble.
hi...did anyone recently take the remedial classes for WREB? If so, where and when did you take it?
Is anybody interested in sharing the cost of a customized remedial class for WREB? thanks
Is anybody interested in sharing the cost of a customized remedial class for WREB? thanks
Were you able to take remedial course and in which school? Please give me the name of schools and how much did you spend? Did you pass now the WREB after you took it for fourth time. Just curious.
I read your posts and we are on thesame boat. Which dental school did you do your remedial course and how much did you spend? Did you pass your WREB exam in your fourth attempt? I hope you did. I hope that you will response to me.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 727