Remember to eat!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OkiePharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reviewing hardcore the last 2 weeks. A few days ago I couldnt get my brain to work at all. It freakin scared me because I wasnt understanding what the practice questions where asking me and I had the week before. I wasnt eating enough...no protein or fat (I am a vegeterian) Once I ate some protein and fat my brain turned back on. Make sure you eat. I dont eat when Im stressed. Just my 2 cents on how to prepare physically for the test.

Members don't see this ad.

what does everyone eat the morning of the test? Particulary foods that wont make you have to go to the bathroom during the test.

I have read several posts that say no drinks with caffiene such as coffee. But I'm used to having coffee. Any suggestions for something else to pep you up in the morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
why no caffiene? i bought a Monster earlier...i'm going to have a couple of gulps before the exam, and a couple of gulps during the break just to keep me alert

i think a moderate amount of caffiene can't hurt you. just don't take 2 expresso shots before starting.

Watch out for caffeine withdrawal!

If you are downing cups of coffee every day, you need to be careful tomorrow. If you suddenly don't have any caffeine, you might get headaches and have trouble concentrating. Too much caffeine and you can't concentrate because you have to go to the bathroom.

I guess this information would have been more useful a few days ago... Sorry :(

Maybe just a redbull in the a.m and hopefully won't be too jittery:scared: or about to pee my pants.

Thanks guys
Good luck everyone:luck:

Looked around at a couple of sites for suggestions on foods, they recommend fruits (bananas are a favorite), protein, like eggs or nuts, and toast or cereal. Staying hydrated will also help keep you awake. I find tea to be helpful to give me a slight boost but not make me jittery or have a slump later.

My favorite suggestion-drink something warm so it will make you go poop. You will feel lighter and faster...lmao.

I've been having severe headaches since Monday. I get them when I am extremely stressed out-- I'm not hungry and it is very hard for me to force myself to eat when I am under stress. I was really nauseous all day.

I don't know why I do this to myself before every major exam (like APs and SATs in high school).

Needless to say, I got very little studying done this week.

i ♥ pharmacy;5524395 said:
I've been having severe headaches since Monday. I get them when I am extremely stressed out-- I'm not hungry and it is very hard for me to force myself to eat when I am under stress. I was really nauseous all day.

I don't know why I do this to myself before every major exam (like APs and SATs in high school).

Needless to say, I got very little studying done this week.

Take ibuprofen or whatever you take for headache with you to the test. If you feel you're about to have a headache take it (before the test or during break). I get stress headaches too and when I took the June PCAT I made sure I had advil with me (immodium too although I didn't use it).
If you believe in a higher power say this prayer:
"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."
To all PCAT test takers tomorrow, good luck!

I would recommend oatmeal w/ fruit..keeps me full ALL day.. Veg also..
& some Pond's Cucumber slices on your eyes will freshen you up(alternative to caffeine) :p The guys should try it too haha.

I wish I had the same problem as some of you do. I get stressed and I overeat, I want something in my mouth to munch on. Not to mention that all of my time has been devoted to work, child or studying so making time for the regular gym routine seems like a waste. I'm committed to getting my arse back in the gym on Monday. Then I can burn up some post test "waiting for scores" stress. :eek:

I got a cup of coffe 1 hour before the test, I feft like I wanted to go to the bathroom on the test time, but I could not go. How terrible I was. But I think I did good on the test .

Whoops, guess I'm a bit late for this. Someone at Kaplan told me that studies have shown that gatorade (I dunno if it's all flavors or a specific one) has a very similar osmolarity as your blood, so you absorb alot of it and have to urinate less. A good way to stay hydrated and not have to use the bathroom.

I dunno if it's BS or not, though. lol... =P

Now this is way late, but can definitely help the October test takers. I had a bowl of cereal before I went to the exam and was positively starving before it was over. Take a light snack to eat during the break!!! It sucks to have to take a test when your blood sugar is low and you're hungry. I saw people with animal crackers and I would have paid money for them to share with me! :( Remember the snacks too!