• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Remembering Ampaphb...

Nov 21, 1998
Over the rainbow
  1. Attending Physician
It is the anniversary of him entering immortality. He was a veteran of PainRounds/SDN. If you didn't know him or enjoy debating him, you really missed out. His exchanges with the cast regulars here still shape my point of view on many topics...today I will read some of his best contributions.

Reactions: 3 users

clubdeac

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
  1. Attending Physician
We spent one year in training together when he was displaced following hurricane Katrina. Despite his dogmatic and authoritarian style on SDN, he was a gentle, caring and compassionate doctor, a guy you'd love to grab a beer with. We lost a good one

Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
May 8, 2004
  1. Attending Physician
I remember meeting him for the first time in the elevator at a conference. He was a true gentleman to my wife and me and I’ll never forget that about him.

I remember some of his last posts here were about testing out some different sports cars. Don’t know if he ever got to enjoy the ride he wanted but sure hope he did.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

SSdoc33

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2007
  1. Attending Physician
ill pour 2 rum and cokes. He'd be embarrassed at some of the current liberal members. In a way im glad he isnt here to see this liberal cancel culture anarchy ****show.

just stop. the dude was a liberal jewish guy from long island. share a nice anecdote or go away.

when i was applying for my first job, i PMed him and he called me and walked me though the language in my contract. he had no angle, he was just trying to help me out.

Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads

Agast

10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
the river lethe
  1. Attending Physician
ill pour 2 rum and cokes. He'd be embarrassed at some of the current liberal members. In a way im glad he isnt here to see this liberal cancel culture anarchy ****show.

You know what’s classy? Taking a nice in memoriam thread and making it about you and your bad punctuation.

Reactions: 1 users

clubdeac

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
  1. Attending Physician
I remember meeting him for the first time in the elevator at a conference. He was a true gentleman to my wife and me and I’ll never forget that about him.

I remember some of his last posts here were about testing out some different sports cars. Don’t know if he ever got to enjoy the ride he wanted but sure hope he did.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I actually drove with him to DC one weekend to buy a new car. I think he got an Acura at the time. This was back in his residency days though so I'm sure he was able to get something much nicer once he was out in practice, hopefully

Reactions: 1 user

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
  1. Attending Physician

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
  1. Attending Physician
I believe it was LAD widowmaker MI. Peter had a bad knee from playing football at Dartmouth. A portly fellow who could name the top 5 restaurants in any city. Before any travel I would call him for recommendations. And sometimes he would make sure to show up. Had a great meal with him and a few current posters forum members in NOLA a few years back. Not too much before he passed.

Reactions: 1 user

lonelobo

PAIN DOC
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2005
Southwest
  1. Attending Physician
I believe it was LAD widowmaker MI. Peter had a bad knee from playing football at Dartmouth. A portly fellow who could name the top 5 restaurants in any city. Before any travel I would call him for recommendations. And sometimes he would make sure to show up. Had a great meal with him and a few current posters forum members in NOLA a few years back. Not too much before he passed.
Great meal and a "few" cocktails as I remember

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.