Remembering Ampaphb...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Reactions: 3 users

clubdeac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We spent one year in training together when he was displaced following hurricane Katrina. Despite his dogmatic and authoritarian style on SDN, he was a gentle, caring and compassionate doctor, a guy you'd love to grab a beer with. We lost a good one

Reactions: 5 users

SommeRiver

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did that guy pass away?

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ill pour 2 rum and cokes. He'd be embarrassed at some of the current liberal members. In a way im glad he isnt here to see this liberal cancel culture anarchy ****show.

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember meeting him for the first time in the elevator at a conference. He was a true gentleman to my wife and me and I’ll never forget that about him.

I remember some of his last posts here were about testing out some different sports cars. Don’t know if he ever got to enjoy the ride he wanted but sure hope he did.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

lonelobo

PAIN DOC
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ill pour 2 rum and cokes. He'd be embarrassed at some of the current liberal members. In a way im glad he isnt here to see this liberal cancel culture anarchy ****show.
Guarantee he would not be on your side of nonsense

NJPAIN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Never met him in person but he was a real fixture on this forum. Despite the fact that we had never met, learning of his loss felt like loosing a close friend.

Reactions: 1 users

SSdoc33

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

just stop. the dude was a liberal jewish guy from long island. share a nice anecdote or go away.

when i was applying for my first job, i PMed him and he called me and walked me though the language in my contract. he had no angle, he was just trying to help me out.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

You know what’s classy? Taking a nice in memoriam thread and making it about you and your bad punctuation.

Reactions: 1 users

clubdeac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember meeting him for the first time in the elevator at a conference. He was a true gentleman to my wife and me and I’ll never forget that about him.

I remember some of his last posts here were about testing out some different sports cars. Don’t know if he ever got to enjoy the ride he wanted but sure hope he did.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I actually drove with him to DC one weekend to buy a new car. I think he got an Acura at the time. This was back in his residency days though so I'm sure he was able to get something much nicer once he was out in practice, hopefully

Reactions: 1 user

hyperalgesia

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I appreciated him a lot on the forum, though I never met him in person.

It's crazy to think that our number could be called at any time.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stop discussing politics on this post. This is about remembering a fellow who died before his time. Many of us knew him personally.

Reactions: 2 users

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe it was LAD widowmaker MI. Peter had a bad knee from playing football at Dartmouth. A portly fellow who could name the top 5 restaurants in any city. Before any travel I would call him for recommendations. And sometimes he would make sure to show up. Had a great meal with him and a few current posters forum members in NOLA a few years back. Not too much before he passed.

Reactions: 1 user

lonelobo

PAIN DOC
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe it was LAD widowmaker MI. Peter had a bad knee from playing football at Dartmouth. A portly fellow who could name the top 5 restaurants in any city. Before any travel I would call him for recommendations. And sometimes he would make sure to show up. Had a great meal with him and a few current posters forum members in NOLA a few years back. Not too much before he passed.
Great meal and a "few" cocktails as I remember

Ducttape

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i messaged him a few times when i started Pain, 10 years ago. he was very helpful. never had the chance to meet him.

im guessing he shouted "Geaux Tigers" on Jan 14th...