Remote experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flockofdoves

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello friends:

I am currently doing a remote veterinary internship of sorts.

Some background info: I go to college in MA and am living at home in California for the summer due to COVID.

I'm helping a veterinary oncologist that I work with in MA make client summaries for the various types of tumors that she gets patients for. I don't know whether to count this as veterinary experience since I'm not working hands on with any patients but I am working under a veterinarian, so it fits the VCMAS veterinary experience requirement. What do all y'all think?
 
Hello friends:

I am currently doing a remote veterinary internship of sorts.

Some background info: I go to college in MA and am living at home in California for the summer due to COVID.

I'm helping a veterinary oncologist that I work with in MA make client summaries for the various types of tumors that she gets patients for. I don't know whether to count this as veterinary experience since I'm not working hands on with any patients but I am working under a veterinarian, so it fits the VCMAS veterinary experience requirement. What do all y'all think?
I think it should count as veterinary experience. During this time, admissions offices will have to be more understanding of things like this. You’re working under a veterinarian for something that isn’t research, and by definition, that fits into the veterinary experience category. You’re making the most of this situation and getting experience where you can.