Remote experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flockofdoves

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends:

I am currently doing a remote veterinary internship of sorts.

Some background info: I go to college in MA and am living at home in California for the summer due to COVID.

I'm helping a veterinary oncologist that I work with in MA make client summaries for the various types of tumors that she gets patients for. I don't know whether to count this as veterinary experience since I'm not working hands on with any patients but I am working under a veterinarian, so it fits the VCMAS veterinary experience requirement. What do all y'all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello friends:

I am currently doing a remote veterinary internship of sorts.

Some background info: I go to college in MA and am living at home in California for the summer due to COVID.

I'm helping a veterinary oncologist that I work with in MA make client summaries for the various types of tumors that she gets patients for. I don't know whether to count this as veterinary experience since I'm not working hands on with any patients but I am working under a veterinarian, so it fits the VCMAS veterinary experience requirement. What do all y'all think?
I think it should count as veterinary experience. During this time, admissions offices will have to be more understanding of things like this. You’re working under a veterinarian for something that isn’t research, and by definition, that fits into the veterinary experience category. You’re making the most of this situation and getting experience where you can.

Reactions: 5 users
I agree. I would list it as veterinary experience.

Client communication and education are part of being a veterinarian, and this experience is helping expose you to the skills you will need for that part of the job.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users