Feb 13, 2020
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hello friends:

I am currently doing a remote veterinary internship of sorts.

Some background info: I go to college in MA and am living at home in California for the summer due to COVID.

I'm helping a veterinary oncologist that I work with in MA make client summaries for the various types of tumors that she gets patients for. I don't know whether to count this as veterinary experience since I'm not working hands on with any patients but I am working under a veterinarian, so it fits the VCMAS veterinary experience requirement. What do all y'all think?

Reactions: hachamor_persists

ajs513

PennVet c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2018
Philadelphia
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hello friends:

I am currently doing a remote veterinary internship of sorts.

Some background info: I go to college in MA and am living at home in California for the summer due to COVID.

I'm helping a veterinary oncologist that I work with in MA make client summaries for the various types of tumors that she gets patients for. I don't know whether to count this as veterinary experience since I'm not working hands on with any patients but I am working under a veterinarian, so it fits the VCMAS veterinary experience requirement. What do all y'all think?
I think it should count as veterinary experience. During this time, admissions offices will have to be more understanding of things like this. You’re working under a veterinarian for something that isn’t research, and by definition, that fits into the veterinary experience category. You’re making the most of this situation and getting experience where you can.

britzen

VMCVM
2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
I agree. I would list it as veterinary experience.

Client communication and education are part of being a veterinarian, and this experience is helping expose you to the skills you will need for that part of the job.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

About the Ads