Remote Pharmacy Bills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxRetailRx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just learned from a Friend in Florida that a “remote pharmacy bills “ that are moving forward. If they pass, pharmacist won't be needed in about 60% pharmacies or maybe more... Remote is technician in a place and pharmacist supervising offsite. Not sure about controlled substances, may be not for C2s.......Oh well

Members don't see this ad.

I just learned from a Friend in Florida that a “remote pharmacy bills “ that are moving forward. If they pass, pharmacist won't be needed in about 60% pharmacies or maybe more... Remote is technician in a place and pharmacist supervising offsite. Not sure about controlled substances, may be not for C2s.......Oh well

Hawaii has a provision like that for mega rural areas where there would be no pharmacy access without it. It’s basically a technician and a Pyxis/omnicell who can grab drugs released by the remote pharmacist. Hopefully FL will restrict this similarly.

Members don't see this ad :)
They were pushing for this in California too. I'm thinking it benefits chain pharmacies and introduces unwanted competition for independents in small towns.

They were pushing for this in California too. I'm thinking it benefits chain pharmacies and introduces unwanted competition for independents in small towns.

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about 1st fill counseling if no rph on site? I guess that can be done via phone.

Reactions: 1 user
This would be great for independent pharmacies in Texas. Patients already hate dealing with their chain pharmacist and now they great replaced with a tv screen talking to you. What was that? The connection is cracking. Hello?! Can you hear me?!

I have already worked that system a couple of times..covering two remote......Very, Very likely the wave of the future...Good idea? Who knows? That won't matter.

I can just see such sites being vandalized and even hacked.

I'll apprehensive of anything that allows you to remove a pharmacist from the pharmacy.

I'll apprehensive of anything that allows you to remove a pharmacist from the pharmacy.

You can blame chain pharmacists who are helping to destroy the profession along with PBMs.

Just think of all the "clinical work" the pharmacists can do when they don't have be in the pharmacy.... *rolls eyes*

It would give me enough time to complete the three $12 MTM cases that I've got in my queue. That's enough money to feed a family in Angola for a week!

Reactions: 1 users
Just think of all the "clinical work" the pharmacists can do when they don't have be in the pharmacy.... *rolls eyes*
What's frightening is the amount of pharmacists that actually believe this. I just don't understand how someone can be so naive. The moment your employer doesn't HAVE to pay you, guess who is getting cut?